• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 1984 M923 AM General maximum speed is 45 miles per hour.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had a couple of 939series trucks with the nh250 that topped out at 53mph upon pickup. After running them for a few hundred miles, suddenly they began running better. I attribute this to flushing the fuel system with fresh fuel.

I've had a couple of speedometers that read about 10mph low. They all died a horrible death within 1000miles...

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had a couple of speedometers that read about 10mph low. They all died a horrible death within 1000miles...[/QUOTE]

My M936 speedo hasn't worked since delivery, GPS say 62 mph flat out. Just another on the list of things to fix.

My M923A1 with 11.00R20 on it was real sluggish when I bought it. It would still do 55mph or so, but not real responsive and took a while to achieve that speed.
So, after reading a few threads on here, I changed my fuel filter AND the tiny pre-filter under the hood. HUGE difference! I forgot the name of this little filter, but it was the best $20 I spent on the General.

carlandedith

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove my truck to work last night. The GPS read 52 miles per hour at 220 rpms.. The speedometer stopped working and I am for sure changing the fuel filter. Thanks for all the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks