• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 1st gl purchase m101a1

lbell

thanks everybody . no i did not get a travel permit as i dont think that ca. deserves the money for one .i just used the plate off my other trailer. oh yeah i also have more invested in the recovery than the initial cost of the trailer .but i have no regrets it will pay for itself in no time as it will be my tent my hauler my chow hall and whatever else i need it to do when im out gold mining.[thumbzup]Larry

jeepin

What are the brand of tires on the trailer? I have seen a lot of the 3/4 tons with those instead of NDCC. Just wondering the brand?
Thanks

agentsteel

I got a really nice one with tarp, bows, good paint, forklift marks and spare tire carrier. The tires say Superlug and they look brand spanking new. It's a 1968 Case Master Body M101A1. Paid close to $600 out the GL door, but am very happy with my purchase. Glad I got it done last month when the weather was partly cloudy. I plan to go back and roll the dice again at Nellis, least one more time. They treated me well, no big problems. Took about 30 minutes to get on base, once I found the right gate.

Cheers All...

:grd:

lbell

the tires on my trailer are McCreary tires they were brand new with the nubs still on. the lug depth is at least 1-1.5 inches so unless i drive a million miles i dont see them wearing out soon.

Ripcord01

I would think that depends on the use and condition. Check the sidewalls often to see if they are cracked ect, Even though mine still had the sickers on the tires ,I think if I used it daily I would change the tires. My 2 cents.

lbell

the tires are McCreary superlug 9.00-16 and they will last a long time ,they are hard rubber with a super heavy duty side wall .i think the biggest problem will come from U.V. damage.

agentsteel

I put some Meguires Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner with UV protection on them and then their Tire Shine stuff on them and they look better than what i get from the tire store, for now. Yeah, I do check for cracking on the sidewall. Just not sure how many years it was the boys at Nellis put them on new.

I agree we both have many years to go before buying new ones. I'm estimating six years even if it sits in storage, but you never can be too sure...

Guessing before long I'd better post some pics?

;-)