• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 1st M818

connectingbar

I have had the pleasure of recovering my Deuce from Ft Drum and like some have said, plan on the early date for recovery and "do" be professional. Kevin is a great guy and will let you work on your truck a little, but respect him when he is running around with others there doing the same as you. I had mine shipped to be on the safe side and because I was working on post and I had a lowboy going back to my yard empty.

Do bring batteries and fuel and I am sure it will fire right up

OH! if Keving asks you for some help with something, do so . that will also buy you some time.:)

HVYMTL

Point well taken. I'm aware that a sharp jolt to a chain can cause it to snap, go flying and possibly take off someones head. It's risky even if both parties understand the consequences. I would never consider using a chain to tow a vehicle for any distance. The person that made the suggestion to include a chain in my recovery toolset...is a good suggestion, not necessarily the point about using it to pull start.There are many occasions where a chain is needed, so long as it can be used wisely and safely.
Thanks for the offer to loan a towbar. I've been watching them lately on GL, they seem to command high prices. Love to have one at a reasonable cost....some day.

HVYMTL

Thanks for your input. I've seen several good posts in regards to Kevin at Ft. Drum.
I definately would help him out if asked....after all i'm on his turf, & everyone knows that "what goes around comes around." Thanks

gunboy1656

Also something to consider...... since this is your first big truck you might want to see if one of the memebers here, that are close to the base, are available to help you. Thay maybe able to spot some trouble that you miss.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HVYMTL, PM sent

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks