• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my 2nd CUCV

cucv1833

Well i just got my 2nd Cucv. my 1st blazer. My fiance isnt to thrilled but oh well. I had the m1008 in my avatar for about a year now and after a bunch of money and upgrades it still causing me problems and not enjoyable and its not really in stock condition. So i found this M1009 30 mins from my house and bought it. My fiance went and picked up the truck and drove it home because im offshore and wont be home for another month. I bought the truck sight unseen pretty risky but due to its location i had to have it. But she drove it and made it back to the house so far so good. i will just store the m1008 and use for a donor when needed. Heres a few pics hopefully more to come.

Attachments

cucv1833

Heres some more pics. My fiance just jumped in it to pull it around back out of sight and now it wont start so here we go again. I told her to leave it alone unil i get home in (1) month probaly just the normal glow plug problems, air in fuel, etc, etc, etc........Ha Ha It aparently already has a manual glow plug push button. its killing me to have to wait so long until i see it.

Attachments

M1008driver

My wife doesn't understand why a 25 year old starter on my 1008 is messing up or why I want to rebuild 25 year old alternators. Most women think if you spend the money it should run with no problems. Have fun. I will have a 1009 some day myself.

Wait until I tell her about the tires I am getting, after I buy them of course...

ryan77

Looks nice, my wife hates my m1009 but oh well she would rather have a BMW convertible, I would rather run the BMW over with my m1009.. But better to ask forgiveness then permission!!!!!!
:beer:

91W350

It would be hard to pick which one would leave first. I like both of my trucks, the M1009 and the M1008. Good stuff, I know if I sell one, I will just want it back....

WARWAG

Looks nice, my wife hates my m1009 but oh well she would rather have a BMW convertible, I would rather run the BMW over with my m1009.. But better to ask forgiveness then permission!!!!!!
:beer:

My brothers wife wanted a new BMWas well. Until he showed her how much a new alternator costs! She had no clue how expensive exotic cars (kinda exotic) cost to maintain.

I love your M1009. Looks very clean and I bet the current problem is just minor issue. [thumbzup] Thanks for the pics.

Iceman3005

My wife loves the m1008 wants me too get an m1009 to replace her civi k-5 blazer! She won't let me get a 5 ton though............says its over kill...........well when I get one I'm not telling her and I bet she like it! Well maybe....might take a while.

cucv1833

Thanks everyone. I will probaly just put the M1008 on hold for a while. All it really needs is the tank cleaned out and a new fuel sending unit and it should be good to go. I need to get at least one of them in good working order to enjoy it. this is just going to be a recreation vehicle. As far as the M1009 when i get home i will look it over and put in some fresh charged batt. in it and the doghead starter relay mod then check all the fluids and fill up the tank add some addatives then attempt to drive it back to my house about 30 mins away. The truck is stored at my Inlaws/deer lease now. as far as other mods go i will leave it mostly stock just do some cleaning up and put a roll on bed liner in it and i should be good to go.

Corey:beer:

CPAPPY

Good looking M1009 , Looks like a lot of fun. In the same boat with my wife . I would like to pick up a M1009 . Good luck with you new toy.

hmsgoodhope

BMW vs CUCV?

No contest - BMW's are way more expense (and no where near as fun) to keep.;)
Nice pictures - thanks for sharing - hope starting problems minor - my M1008 just threw a fit this weekend and I am back to civilian status until I get her morning again.

Cheers!

firecontrol86

Nice 1009! That paint looks way better than mine when I got it. My wife actually loved my 1009 after she drove it and felt all burly. Now the plan is to find a tan one for me when I get back from Afganistan and give her the green one.

cucv1833

A few more pics of the inside. My ol' lady got it started it has a manual G.P. push button. she pushed it three times for 5 sec. each and got it started. then pulled it around back of the house and turned the key off and it woulded turn off. sounds like its time for a "fuel shut of solenoid" I just changed one of those on my old truck and that wasnt the problem

Attachments

cucv1833

Ok guys just got home from 2 months offshore and picked up my M1009 a week ago. I went to pick it up and checked all the fluids and threw in 2 fresh charged Batts. and drove it home 50 miles. When i got home i changed the fuel filter, cleaned out the fuel return valve and CDR valve, installed Dog head relay Mod, then changed the starter bolts and installed the bracket and cleaned the contacts. there was nothing wrong just learned my lessons from my m1008.

Then i brought it to a shop and changed ALL fluids and filters and front wheel bearings. i could have done this my self but i said the h** with it and brought to shop it cost a ton of money but its done now. and i know what i got. Also next door was my buddies offroad shop and he just got a used 2-1/2 inch lift in so i threw that on for $200.00. I also put these extra tires on i had 10.5 inch wheels and tires 31s.

Then yesterday i cleaned up the interior i used black dupont interior paint for the interior dash and seats it seems to be doing a real good job so for. Then i painted the inside with Hurculiner bed liner. I wanted to use the Dupont kevelar bed liner but this stuff seems alright. I also took the doors off and redid all bushings there a lot better now

Well thats it. Its time to hit the road and start enjoying now i only have a stereo left to install in the mean time i will be building a center console for all that.

Corey

:grin: :beer:

Attachments

cucv1833

Well just got my stereo installed and a center console. the box on the right is a Punch 8" sub
and the center console it just used as a arm rest and to hold 2-5.25" and 2-6.5" speakers and it sounds pretty good.

Attachments

cucv1833

Its been almost a year. Just a little update. The M1009 is running great. Heres a few pics. Its not perfect are a total restore or anything but its going good and fun to drive.

Ive done alot in the last year. Heres a few pics. Ive added Gauges, 3" lift , clean up instrument cluster, add Tiny Tach, new H-Balancer, Belts, Full service, New 33" tires, running lights. RAPCO 383 Paint. Total overhaul of the Glow Plug System, New GEL Batterys 900CA. Solargizer , etc, etc,etc!!

Just got the tires yesterday. $400 for all 5. Never mounted but been sitting in a garage for 2-3 years. There Call DESERT DOG. Just some no name stuff but work great and for the price I had to have them.

She starts a runs great. Thats about it. now ive just been enjoying it and cont. tinkering with it.
May be some new weather seals and a winch next.

Attachments