• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 7 ton is lost somewhere

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So my EUC finally cleared and I sent a trucking company down to Yermo to get it and bring it to its new home. The driver was nice and happened to be from Utah. He got to Yermo about noon and now they close at 2pm so he thought he had time to get my 7 ton loaded. Well, a lot of MTVR trucks were being loaded and so he had to wait like 2 hours. After two hours the guys at GP drove the truck out and loaded it on his rig. He thought, that's funny, the truck doesn't really look like the truck on the item release. He sent a photo to me and then called and said does look right to you? I said "That does not look like my truck. Is that your rig the truck is loaded on?" He said yes, and I said "Oh ****!"

So my driver asked me for the VIN and I gave it to him plus the hood number. Both did NOT match the truck that GP loaded. So they loaded the wrong truck.

My driver started telling the GP guys that it was the wrong truck and they had a bunch of excuses, like "Are you sure? It is too much work to unload it. Can't you just take this truck instead? It's late and it doesn't matter what truck you get."

So my driver and the guys from GP started driving around the yard looking for MY truck. They spent over an hour checking and double checking every truck in the yard. They finally gave up. By this time it is way past closing and my driver is still waiting plus a few guys from GP are staying late to fix this.

My driver called me back and said "They want you to take this truck instead. Did you get the title already?" I said "No but all the paperwork I have is for my truck, not this truck."

So my driver asked to speak to the boss out there and the boss said, "We cannot give you another truck. The Marines released a specific truck to you and all the paperwork has that VIN and so we need to find your truck." So they looked again.

Anyway, they cannot find my truck. The boss said it must have been shipped to somebody else by mistake.

So if anybody sees a 7 Ton out there with the hood number of USMC 594658, then call me or GP and tell us where it is located. GP will send a semi out to pick it up. Another obvious thing is that the cab is camo but the hood is solid green. My number is (801) 699-4400 and I think we all have the GP number memorized because we all call them so much.

MAdams

Dang Jon that sucks. I was there on Monday picking up a 7 ton and the place was a zoo. The truck we were picking up was missing some parts and we had to talk to the boss as well. I'm glad your driver caught that

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I was there 2 hours on Monday just trying to get a trailer loaded. Pretty unorganized yard. It is there somewhere

Remember the first govplanet days of giving the wrong truck on transport. Then shipping you the correct truck then not wanting the wrong truck back

Nomadic

Bummer deal, Jon. I'd definitely hire that trucker again. I'm guessing GP will need to contact recent customers that took delivery and have them verify the VIN. It was probably the same guy that loaded your MTVR that gave someone else your truck.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It is probably a listing and paperwork vin error. That has happened before with incorrect serial numbers on the listing to the wrong truck. Item number is right tho

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I got bad news. Last week I had received a call from Austin, the yard manager at Yermo, and he said that they still could not find my truck. They had some theories about it but the truck had not been located. He was nice and we chatted for awhile. He said that someone from corporate would call me later in the week with a status report on how the search for my truck was going. I never got the call.

Today I got a check in the mail from GovPlanet for the refund of my truck. So now I start all over again, bid on a truck, then wait for the EUC to clear, and then try to go get it. Dang, this is a big set back.

Reactions: 98G

MTVR

Sorry to hear that, buddy. I'm thankful that at least you got your money back, and I'm thankful that it didn't take longer for them to do it...

Nomadic

Bummer deal, Jon.
Maybe they could help off-set the impact by waving a fee or giving you a discount on the next purchase to compensate you. It was a big f-up on their part. Follow-up with them and ask. The worst that could happen is they say no.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks