• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My '87 WR Deuce

velociT

Then took the bows off.

From the maintenance records it looks like all it needs is rear brakes.

Looking forward to changing the fluids, filters, and driving it with not a dead brake pedal.

(PS, yes Central Texas members, I might need a bit of help) ;-)

Last edited:

Scarecrow1

You know I think the sand colored trucks look so much better than the 3 or 4 camo trucks .Now this comes from some one who has more woodland camo than dress or casual wear. Even my belt is three color woodland camo . LOL I like the truck to say the least ,good luck on the restoring of it . Ok now I'm green ........with envey :razz:

dpsmith

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking truck! Your lucky to have gotten the service records. What base did your truck come from? Was the fuel system stopped up at all with the Air Force sludge?

velociT

Good looking truck! Your lucky to have gotten the service records. What base did your truck come from? Was the fuel system stopped up at all with the Air Force sludge?
Truck was at Robins its whole life.

The tank did have a mystery liquid in it, and it has a thin layer of some kind of sludge.

I'm gonna run out one more tank and then change the fuel filters.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

G-Force

VelociT,
Have you done the brakes on it???
If so, did you notice what the bore diameter is on the wheel cylinders??
Could you let me know?
thanks

saddamsnightmare

January 29th, 2010.

VelociT:

I'm partial to the 686A Tan deuces myself....Wonder Why? If you are in the South or any area where either the sun is strong as we both know it is here in Texas, you may want to blow the $175.00 for a new GMA tan insulated cab cover and find & fit up the cab roof frame system, as I have found the GMA top is warmer in the winter (at least here) and much cooler in the summer. Watch removing the metal cab roof, it comes off better as (1) the cab top removed separately from, (2) the cab back wall. Much easier to handle and store it in two pieces, but do mind the rubber seals (2) as I don't know if they are available as NOS.

HAve fun with the truck,

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks