• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 923 keeps ''Rocking""

Chitangi

Ok gentlemen this is really bizarre, my truck still giving me issues after I believe was heavily focussed to get out of a hole,and somehow the transfer case seems to engage fine ,but the issue is whenever the truck is engaged in drive it keeps ''rocking'' and then tries to cut off and does cut-off. Is there some ''safe mode'' or something I should know about going on or is it the transmission with this thing,I'm kinda desperate now and concerned.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well quite frankly your description isn't much to go on . If they were slamming from forward to reverse they could have tore the transmission and/or the transfer case up . I would be looking for obvious signs like new leaks cracks in the transfer case , metal in the transmission fluid or gear oil in the transfer case.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bad enough tearing the truck up with you driving.

Dont know the background, but letting someone else do it is gonna be very costly.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I think with the rocking, he may mean surging like trying to jump forward.or bucking. I dunno. Them their Georgia people describe things funny.

Turn your truck off. Turn the master switch on. Put the transfer case in Neutral. Truck in Neutral. Start the truck. Put the truck into 1-5 and then back into neutral then grab the transfer case handle and with the button pressed push down. May have a slight grind but it should go. Then try to drive it.

Or Transfer case in Low to start out with the master switch on and the truck off then go to neutral etc.

I have a 931 a customer has that likes to buck after he uses low range. Almost like it doesn't come out of L range yet the transfer case lever shows high.

Doing a video of it then letting youtube host it and posting the link is helpful a lot of times. It is better than crayons and sock puppets.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Lol ! but seriously,the truck is like stuck and just shaking not trying to move and actually does cut off
Take a video of what it is doing and text me to me 901 318 8353. I will post it to youtube and supply the link here.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Button on the transfer case shift lever may be stuck.... this is the kind of weirdness that will cause.

Or you may have a fuel issue. Sucking air in the fuel line or a clogged filter can cause it to die when put in gear.....

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody ? answers,please !

In what position is the switch on the dash? The one to the left of the steering wheel, below the lights. What happens when you move it?

How's idle in neutral? How smooth and how many rpms?

Got air pressure? How much?

What position is your park brake lever and transfer lever in?

With the transmission in N and the truck running can you easily shift the transfer between high, neutral and low? If not, how about with the truck not running and with the air tanks empty?

How full is the fuel tank?

When was the fuel filter changed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks