• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My ABS system finally works

army_nurse

Much like many other members here my M923 ABS light was on constantly. I had been checking the system and reading the TM's. I found the 2B cable was disconnected. After several attempts to get it to snap together it finally clicked together. So I went through the entire system and cleaned and treated all the connections with anti corrosive lube/cleaner. After that the system light continued to be on constantly. I took the truck to Walmart today, due to the ice and sleet here today, and had to get on the brakes pretty hard due to a short stop light. After that the ABS light went off. I thought I had blown a fuse. However, after shutting the truck off and then restarting it after I was done in the store, it self tested and the light went off. All the time I spent trying to fix it and it was an unplugged wire. At least it was an easy fix.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is good news on the ABS light. I have one that it is on, you can hear the relays do there thing but the light stays on. May have to give the brake thing a try.
Be safe on the roads and stay warm!!!

army_nurse

Mine did the same thing. You would hear a series of clicks but the light would not go off. I am glad it was an easy fix after all was said and done. You might trying to clean and then plug back the connections. It might be worth a try.

mahdey

do these trucks have a j1708 or older data port connection on them? What I a asking is, can I hook up my computer to read ABS codes like I can on Medium duty/Heavy Duty trucks?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have done a little trouble shooting and cleaning on it.
It was working fine then it stopped going off.
Thanks!!!

army_nurse

They have a diagnostic port on the passengers side. The nomenclature of the port I am unsure. I think Haldex makes a diagnostic reader for the system. It may or may not be comparable with your system. There are several members here with more knowledge than I. Maybe one of them will chime in soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks