• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My AirForce Ambulance Bus.

BassnTruck

It is an 1988 International 1853 44pas Bus. It has the International DT466 diesel and Allision MT643 trans. Has 24,XXX on the clock. Also has a 3cyl diesel in the rear the runs the AC unit.

I plan on putting the airforce stickers and unit number back on it. The history I have on it is that they just used it on base to haul people around. It is in pretty good shape. There is not a sub forum for busses but there are probably not many out there.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Cool!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Awesome like a possum.

I'd chop 15 feet off the body, put on a flatbed with a gooseneck hitch and go green iron hunting. :idea:

But then again, I'm just a redneck with a cutting torch. :mrgreen:

There would still be plenty of room for a small living room. 8)

It would be a sweet ride to take to a rally. [thumbzup]

BassnTruck

Thanks guys. I do plan on turning it into an RV. But she is far to nice to hack the rear off of. Plus ya might not ever see another one like it.

And speaking of Opossums I have one of thos also. I rescued him over a year and a half ago when he fell of his mother when he was little and could not surive on his own.

Chech out his You Tube Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3mvzs_60EE

Attachments

Cdub

Wow.....that would make a cool ride to take down to Aberdeen in style.........!!!....hahaha...

Just think of all you parts you could get and the beer party would be out of this world......hahaha....

Good luck with it,

C'dub

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I bid on a couple of diesel busses on the East Coast but they were not as nice as that one. Nice find. Is the AC diesel a Detroit or a small Petter? I like your crane and non highway fuel tanks too they remind me of our long lost farm.

BassnTruck

I have no idea what the motor is. I glanced around but did not find a plate or any ID on it. Have a way to tell as I would like to now. I plan on putting a gen head on it.

Michael

I like it the way it is, but then I like ambulances. My M1010 is my nicest MV. Does this one have litter racks? I was noticing a little silver locking thing in picture 028-2 on the right mounted over the window. I have a box full of something that looks like that but with the downsized pictures I can't tell for sure. Could you send me a closeup higher resolution picture of it? If it is what I have and they are litter holders, they suddenly become much more valuable to me.

BassnTruck

Not sure what you call a litter holder. Those peices go on the sides of the bus all the way down. It is part of the system that holds the strechers up. It is able to stack them 2 high like bunk beds from front to back. It has another peice that attaches to the silver rail on the top of the roof to hold up the other side of the strecher. The bus was built with only the front half of the seats. These seats auctally recline to flat so you can stack them 2 high in the front also. I have alot of them in a storage box on the side of the bus. Next time I am at it I will try to remember to snap a few pics of them for ya if you want.

Michael

Litter is a synonym for streatcher. The military ususally uses litter in regard to ambulances as in the HMMWV 4-Litter Ambulance M997. I would love to see more pictures of how your litter racks work. I am most interested in the clamp as I may have some of them and didn't know it.

kcimb

Awesome camper!

For that 70's look paint it purple, tile the inside, put velvet seats in, lava lamp, cover the windows and put a disco ball in the center.

BassnTruck

I unscrewed almost all of those mounts since I do not need them but they go right back up. If memory serves it would hold 16 at full load. Like I said when I go down there I will try to remember to take some pics of everything.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice possum too! How tame is he? I've heard they are skittish and I've seen the teeth. Can he use a litter box?