• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My beloved BGT M35A2 moves on to a new home

Lust4GreenSteel

IMG_0768.jpgThursday was a bittersweet day in Northwest Missouri. My M35A2 moved on to a better place.

Preliminary discussions on this site should have indicated that I had no business purchasing a truck. However, I am a pretty smart dude and I had a plan. Of course, not all plans come to fruition.

I purchased what I thought was a nice truck and had it shipped in. Love at first sight. And every time I heard it whistle, I got a grin wider than my face.

It was a nice truck, but it didn't take long to realize that I really had no business owning it. I wasn't able to spend enough time with it. I found that I was indeed too old and the parts were too heavy. I wasn't able to lure any local wrench turners to help with the maintenance.

I owned the truck for about three years and drove it less than 200 miles - all off road at the farm. I enjoyed my time with the BGT, but it needed to go someplace else before a maintenance disaster struck.

Thursday, a nice fella with money, a big red pickup and a gooseneck trailer took the my BGT to the land of Dorothy and the big winds.

Thanks to everyone here for being so patient and friendly with me. I intend to hang around and participate in the conversations, but will no longer own a truck.

The picture is proof that I once owned a nice Deuce.

There may be further pictures and/or videos of the load out and departure if my friend with the camera ever gets around to sending them to me. Hint - it was an interesting process involving more than one Murphy.

Last edited:

AZDeuce

I needed to sell mine too, I miss her, and think about replacing her, but realize, I just don't have the strength, and/or will power to work on it anymore, after 2 bouts with cancer, which the Lord healed me from, but left me too anemic to care about working on big stuff. So I know what you're feeling. On one hand you're relieved she's gone, but on the other hand you miss having her around. At least that's how I feel. But deep down I know, for me anyways, it was the right thing to do. I've downsized to a civilian 87 Suburban, which I have "CUCV'D" and use for camping and hunting coyotes with my best friend, and I'm pretty content with that. I just wanted to tell you you're not alone, and I know what your going through. Semper Fi - Tom (AZ Deuce)

Lust4GreenSteel

It didn't want to leave. We had so much fun loading it that we did it three times (stay tuned for details). But, now I am sure that it is happier being with someone who actually knows how to take care of it. Meeting John was a pleasant bonus.

Lust4GreenSteel

Saying goodbye

A few more pictures

Old fat man saying goodbye to the BGT. 20170615_144656.jpg 20170615_144705.jpg

Goodbye BGT. You will never find a prettier place to play, but you will be better cared for in your new home.20170615_144810.jpg20170615_155105.jpg

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just saw pics of BGT at its new home, BGT is safe & sound now. I can assure you BGT is in a good place.