• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Black Mesa Pinz

Vitalon1152

Here are some pics of my pinz. She has gone through a lot since I've had her. When I bought her the previous owner had a bed liner sprayed on the outside. After months of pealing, sanding and re-sanding this is the result. I've gone for a theme. For anyone who had played Half-life you will recognize the Black Mesa symbol. For those who haven't, it is a secret government ( I think government) research facility in the New Mexico desert. I loved the game and felt like this would be a vehicle you would see at place like that. Tell me what you think. She's still a work in progress.

Photo Album - Imgur

silverstate55

Useless
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW, nice hard-top! Those are hard to find. VERY NICE work, good job!!

While traversing Echo Canyon in Death Valley in early spring of this year, one of our group had a Pinz exactly like yours (hardtop 4x4), but had 37" Goodyear Wranglers...he made the trail look easy of course. I'm amazed at their stock capabilities.

undysworld

but had 37" Goodyear Wranglers.
Not likely. The largest size commonly used (successfully) on a Pinz is 33". Any taller and it doesn't have the oomph to turn 'em. It's only about a 90 hp engine.

he made the trail look easy of course. I'm amazed at their stock capabilities.
But even unmodified with stock sized tires, a Pinz will blow you away with their capability off-road. It sort of takes a lot of the challenge out of most trails. Then again, who wants to have to walk back out of the back-country?

Vitalon1152

I am glad you guys like it and thank you for the welcome. The crowbar is going to happen. I just need to figure out a place to mount it. Next on the to do list is steps for the front and sound proofing. Any suggestions on what to use. Dynamat is abit steep.

undysworld

I always think of the John Prine song when I think of crowbars: "Got a big ol' dog. A chrome crowbar. I keep that mother humper in the back seat of my car."

Vitalon,

They can be very loud at higher speeds, some trucks more than others.

First thing I'd check is the seal on the doghouse, because they can contribute a lot of sound. I put a large map on the doghouse, resting against the front chassis, and discovered mine was really loud there. I've adhered cheap carpet on the floor under the seats, and over the tunnel in front just ahead of the doghouse. It helps some.

As an alternative solution, lots of folks use aircraft headsets with noise canceling.

silverstate55

Useless
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not likely. The largest size commonly used (successfully) on a Pinz is 33". Any taller and it doesn't have the oomph to turn 'em. It's only about a 90 hp engine.
QUOTE]

I run 35" tires on my truck & these were taller than mine.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's great man. I love the look and the lettering. Half-Life never really used many vehicles that I can remember, well, minus the metro/train thing in the opening scene.

You could throw in a few Pelican/Hardigg cases, one of the 'blue shift' uniforms, crowbar...

Seems like it's missing something though.... like maybe some gas cans or something.... lol...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks