• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Bobbed Deuce is almost done

Dblosch

Dang Robr, talk about thorough...! and Srodocker I just noticed you're from UP. I had a girlfriend from there in college. Nice place! Any chance you went to Bellarmine Prep?

robr

Ok they got my new front spring made and installed it should be a softer ride.
they got my back springs made it should be a softer ride and with the overloads if I need to hall something heavy still I can

Attachments

Dblosch

Hmmmm... A bed mounted MG aaaaaand a softer ride? Who says you can't have the best of both worlds?! You drive, I'll pick off the zombies. :)

My deuce knows what it wants to be when it grows up...

robr

Hmmmm... A bed mounted MG aaaaaand a softer ride? Who says you can't have the best of both worlds?! You drive, I'll pick off the zombies. :)

My deuce knows what it wants to be when it grows up...

lol you will never here me say something cant be done
I have heard you cant make a Deuce quiet you cant do this you cant do that or my favorite buy a different truck if you want to do that

well as long as it is safe and you have the time and money you can do almost anything to a Deuce

robr

Ok they got my new front spring made and installed it should be a softer ride.
they got my back springs made it should be a softer ride and with the overloads if I need to hall something heavy still I can
Well I got the truck back today they had to add one more long spring to the back
I have to say the truck rides great a much softer ride and with the overloads it still retains it load capability

robr

Here are the pictures of the new rear springs on the truck.
The setup is roughly the same as a 80s F600 so I can still hall heavy loads.
I took it for a 100 mile trip today I cant believe the difference the springs made its like driving a 3/4 ton pickup.

I got the new steering wheel painted last night machined a small Am General logo for the horn button and installed today
it looks much better than the first one I used

Attachments

Last edited:

ALFA2

Keep doing what you are doing, and do not let anyone dissuade you from it, you are doing a great job, and the truck is turning out definitely improved.

Thanks.

ALFA2

MO MV man

I can't get enough of this thread!
I'm a newbie here and this is, without a doubt, my dream bobber.

If I lived closer, I'd be begging for a ride.

OUTSTANDING workmanship!
Adding all those creature comforts is brilliant.

Keep the updates coming. [thumbzup]