• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my bucket list

beachbummer

Hello everyone I am Todd , and right now I am living in western NC. I moveed up here from the Wilmington Nc area . Since I hae ben up here I have ben sick. Well after a long summer spent in the doctors office trying to find out what was wrong I went down hill real fast all the way to the edge. I wound u p in the hospital in Morganton , NC for a week and then was transferred to Baptist in Winston Salem. I knew that this was bad when they transferred me. I was sent to Baptist on Friday night, and the following Sunday I had a biopsy. Monday morning at 6 a.m the doctors came in with bad news. They told me I have stage 4 prostate cancer.

I am 45 and the doctors said this never happens and all that crap, and they gave me 2 months to live what a nice gift right?
I have finished my radiation treatments, and have passed their 2 month expectations. My PSA is now back down to 6 the normal level is 0-4. The oncology doctor I see said at this rate they can keep it under control for maybe 20 years, much better than 2 months right. Well anyway DO NOT LET YOUR FAMILY DOCTOR CHECK YOU FOR PROSTATE TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been wanting a duce for a while now, and with this thrown in my lap and th edoctor telling me I will never work again I have plenty of time on my hands. My wife likes the m1009s cause ewe can make a camper out of it. I also want a multi fule to run WMO or WTF i have a real good supply of both. I plan on getting a duce and restoring it ground up. I found a nice 1 at GL and hope to be able to bid on it in January. the truck does not say its rebuilt, but the engine and radiator are brand new. I know this will be a fun project I have built several cars and trucks, but I want a challenge. I want something that when I'm gone people will still look at it and know who built it. I know I'm long winded just be glad we aint met in person I would talk yur head off. anyway guys thanks for all the posts you have really fed my mind a lot of stuff to consider, and to replace when I get my duce.

axlr8

well, you sir are a ambitious man. My hat is off to you! and Im pretty sure WTF can be 2 things: Waste Transmission Fluid, and also, whatever the F*$% I can find that burns. Remember, We love pictures.

God bless!

G_I_JOE

Glad to hear its "under control". My uncle went through the same thing, hard on everybody. Can't wait to see the project start rollin.

Heavysteven

Prostate cancer is a terrible thing. My father died of it last year thought he had it under control in 2005 but it came back in July of 2010 and he died last December. Went from working in the summer to a comma by Halloween. Had he had his prostate removed he would probally still be here.

Best of luck

augiedoggy

So glad you're in remission now beach!! Things like this remind us that life can be short and to enjoy it while we can. I hope you get your deuce, and it makes you happy as mine did me.
Can you share some of your early symptoms, so us guys can be more informed?
God bless!! and we're SO happy you're here!:jumpin:

3dAngus

I've been retired for over 5 years now and find working on a deuce a labor of love. That's something we all need in our lives. Every time I go out and accomplish something, regardless of how small, and how many bumps and bruises I get, how dirty, how greasy, I walk in the house like "A REAL MAN!" and make sure my wife knows it. It's fun stuff.

Good luck with your health. I wish you well. A happy man is a man who lives longer. Buy the deuce, JUST DO IT!, and fix it up the way only you could and I assure you, if you finish it, you'll be more likely go with a smile on your face. Just park it out your window.

And send pictures darn it!!! We all want to enjoy your labor of love with you.

joshuaz223

similar story, started going down hill summer of 05. in and out of the hospital with no answers. finally in late October i was in a wheel chair and unable to control my bowels. after a week in the hospital at the university of Michigan i was sent home in hospice care and told to enjoy thanksgiving but not to make plans for Christmas or seeing the new year. when i lived into the new year the U of M continued doing test on me and trying different experiments. my Dr decided that they were just learning from my death and sent me to the Mayo clinic in Minn. it took 30 days to get there and when i showed up they were amazed i made it. they ran every test the U of M did but did it in 2 days instead of 9 months. they performed surgery on me that was supposed to extend my life for possibly 2 years. I'm still here but i have a lot of bad days.

all this to say i completely understand your point of view. i had a major wake up and paradigm shift. i now concentrate on what and who makes me happy. no one knows when there time is up, but things change when your given a date. enjoy the hobby. i have met some very good people in the short time i have been coming here and the info you can get here is first rate.

SPCWarning

I'm also glad it's in remission beach, and glad to see you have a good attitude and outlook! Can't wait to see the project.........:driver:
God Bless You,

Jimmy

beachbummer

So glad you're in remission now beach!! Things like this remind us that life can be short and to enjoy it while we can. I hope you get your deuce, and it makes you happy as mine did me.
Can you share some of your early symptoms, so us guys can be more informed?
God bless!! and we're SO happy you're here!:jumpin:
Ok I will WEll we moved from the Wilmington NC area back to the Morganton nc area where we both are from back in February 2011. I was sick from the time we moved I just felt bad all the time. We moved back to do more hiking and camping. I had my right knee scoped in 2009 and that was the 1st thing. I could not do much hiking cause of the pain, and when we went camping I would wake up the next morning in pain my back would be killing me. Well I kept going to the family doctor, and he did a blood test for everything from Rocky Mt spotted fever to Lyme disease. everything came back normal. then he sent me for an MRI of my back and neck (Which were injured in a car wreck) the results were that the bones had changed color they thought it was an Iron overload. I was getting weaker and weaker during the summer. When September came I was getting in bad shape. For 3 weeks I laid in bed and could not do anything I was in so much pain, but we thought it was my knee gone out and needing replacing. I finally went to the er and the 2nd visit they did a CT scan By the time I was going to the Er I could not breath, and could not walk or stand up very good. the 3rd visit they kept me and after a week sent me to Baptist Hospital in Winston that was where they found out what was going on. I dont know if my symptoms are like anyone else s symptoms but I do know They were bad. I was taking 10 mg perkacet every 2 hours and they were not working for pain. I do know it was bad Baptist gave me 2 months to live
I now have it under control NOT IN remission and the doc said they should be able to keep it under control for 20 years