• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My dad's new FMTV...

Army Ed

old thread i know but i am military and work on these things everyday for the Department of defense and can personally tell you there reliability is horrible. They have more electronic issues then anything we have ever seen before. Most going back to the battery distribution box but others as well.. Just to many issues

Lots of good information and opinions here about the FMTV. Can anyone tell me what the top speed on the LMTV (M1078 ) is? Also, what does it weigh? Does anyone have an idea as to when we might start seeing these regularly on GL?

62 MPH, about 27,000, they don't come out on GL unless it's trashed but every now an then. They go high in my opinion.
Thanks for the information. Is that 27,000 lbs for the LMTV 4x4 or is that the weight of the MTV? Is the speed for the LMTV or MTV? I saw a youtube video of a LMTV and the speedometer read 80mph and that is why I was curious as to how fast they can actually go.

DSD277

Empty weight of a LMTV (M1078 ) is 17k lbs, My M1094 (MTV) is 24k empty. iirc, a M1083 is around 22k lbs.
The last M1078 out of GL was over $34k.

I agree the electrical is overly complicated. The trucks are dual voltage (12 and 24) .There are no safeguards to keep an idiot from putting the wrong voltage relay into a wrong socket. a main relay for the 24v system is a 12v relay. I've started to color code the sockets on the power panel and the relays to their voltage to prevent misplacement.

DSD277

I remember seeing 58mph in a manual, but that could be conservative or rated rpm.
I have a F700 that has a rated speed of 74mph, but the engine will easily rev another 300+ rpm to lift the top speed to 79mph... so results may vary :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks