• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My deuce, Blue...GOT PAINTED!!!

Desert Rat

Robert,
I see you broke her in well, going for more "forgiveness"?

P.S. Once I come back from Houston (17th) I'll send the stuff. I've been in and out of the hospital this week. It put a stop to all my plans this week including shipping a BUNCH of stuff.

Desert Rat

Robert,
Nah, try a BP of 207/139 and passing out in front of the local clinic walking back home with groceries four blocks down the street from me. Big time oops. I was in the clinic for about nine hours while they were trying to gain control of my bp. That's when they gave me some nitro as a last ditch attempt before admiting me to the ER. It worked, but that's when I discovered nitro is intended for high performance race cars, not my body! BTW, the kids did give me pink eye. Another visit on Monday....... Now the question is will I fall apart before making it to Houston? 'Storm is in better shape than I am!

Deuce-bigalo

SPicer - I feel for you man - my first marriage only lasted 1 1/2 years - it ceased when I couldn't take the fact she was a meth fiend and also when, under her care my first daughter 'mysteriously' broke her left arm (clean break) at 5 months old. You truly don't know someone even after you have lived with them. SOmetimes it make take 10 years or more. I'm sorry that it happened the way it did, but it's for the better. I don't know your situation enough to comment in depth- but from what you stated - perhaps she wanted to get you to move and do all these things like not have kids which were her ideas of life, you were too strong (good attribute) and are happy where you are. Therefore she went on without being able to mold you! Keep your eyes looking forward and not down when you walk, give your heart the attention it needs and find a realiable roommate to help w/ the bills!

I have two kids, a wedding coming up (this one is a keeper) and more bills than money *HOWEVER* I will still contribute what I can to you making the TTC!!! YOU NEED TO BE THERE, FOR ALL OF US!! Have someone there with video and a camera - that's all I ask in return - lemme see some of those shots in action!! You make us proud and if there is anything I can do, please don't hesiate to let me know!!

Ok Chris, so should we do like a paypal account thing or what??? I am willing to help in anyway I can!

John

Elwenil

Spicer posted up a Paypal address at the Zone for this. I'd post it up, but I'll leave it up to him. Also, Jon (Brute4c) at the Zone has set up some impromptu auctions for Spicer. Basically Zone members donate items (for free) up for sale and other members are bidding on them with all the proceeds going to Spicer's TTC fund. Neat way to get rid of some spare parts and other items laying around, and for a good MV cause. I'm about broke with no job at the moment, so I can't affrod to give anything, but I think I can find something around here that somebody might want to bid on.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK Tom, put up that paypal thingy and lets get going on this. Is the 715 squared away and ready for the long haul? Who are you taking for a spotter? You have the chance of a lifetime here and we won't let anything stand in your way. You know what would be cool is to get an RV company to sponsor you. Plaster a whole bunch of RV stickers all over the 715 and get them to supply a coach to tow your stuff out and back. Yeah, a nice Renegade Freightshaker chassis. WooHoo!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe you can sell truck advertising space on ebay... with the right agent you may be able to raise a buch of money. Remember the guy who sold ad space on his forehead.
How much time can you get off for this adventure? How did you plan to do it in the first place? Is driving totally out of question, I think some of the guys in the past have driven cross country.

Elwenil

I believe they make you strip off all sponsor and manufacturer decals before you can be allowed in the competition, so advertising is out.

Desert Rat

Bjorn,

I'm feeling MUCH better. Now just to get rid of this pink eye and I'm set. Unfortunately I have to drive solo the first two times down to Houston. However, I'm planning to take my time and relax during the trip. Of course the cats will be going nuts on this first trip. However, forecasts show a cool temperature for the duration.

spicergear

They're pretty clear about NOT having any sponsor stickers on the truck. They don't want this to be come a big pimp this, pimp that, event. I've got a guy on board for a spotter who's been neck deep in M715's for about 10 years. Built, beat, bought, sold, restored, trail time...a good guy to have along. I spent today clearancing the body (front of cab) more for the big 395/85-R20 XML's it's shod with so it can actually have articulation AND steer. It's coming along quite well though there's still a lot of other work/expenses to account for.

PayPal address is: spicergear@yahoo.com <--same as my email.

I sincerely appreciate the votes of confidence and positive thoughts for the meet. Thank you all very much!

If anyone's unclear on my M715 this is kind of the nutshell on'er:
Stock 427TD BBC
3053A w/PTO
NP205 w/PTO
Driveshafts consisting of 1410's at the T-case and 1610's (whatever the deuce ones are with the bolts) per shaft
1 Rockwell steer axle w/ ram assist
1 non steer axle
both have:
wheel disc brakes, Detroits, High Clear "mohawk" pans, hubs out...front selectros.
winches are deuce Garwood 10K units PTO driven from tranny and T-case.
Soon to have 20x10 double beadlocks w' 8" backspacing.
running grooved 46" XML's.

Elwenil

Hmmmm... Lets see, your spotter has been neck deep in M715s for 10 years. Hmmm, in PA, I'd bet. If it's who I think it is, that's exactly who I would want along too. I learned a heck of a lot from him in the hour or two I spent with him. A really nice guy who knows his stuff inside and out. Good choice!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Alright guys, the PayPal addy is up so let's scratch together some dough and help our boy get to the TTC.

Tom, please keep a running total of money that you receive from SS members and let us know how much the whole site has donated to the cause. Hopefully that will inspire others to donate and keep this thing rolling. We're behind you 100%.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Seriously guys, whatever you can spare will help. Only one member has chunked down any cash so far. Let's get together and help a brother out.

Anyone wanna donate a spare part to have an auction like the 715 zone is doing? Cool idea.... If you have a spare you want to donate to the cause, just start a new thread in the Hot Rod Forum and title it "_______ auction for the SpicerGear TTC fund" Then, members can post their bid on the item until the auction end date set by the seller. All profits go to the fund. The winner picks up the tab on shipping.

Gatnom

OK, I know there is supposed to be a Pay-Pal link someplace on the site, but I've looked and have no idea where it is. I can't spare alot, but I'd throw a few into the pot to help out. I'm suprised there is not a donation link to support the forum as well! Maybe there is and I haven't found that one either. Where's the link? :confused: Dave

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Gatnom said:
OK, I know there is supposed to be a Pay-Pal link someplace on the site, but I've looked and have no idea where it is. I can't spare alot, but I'd throw a few into the pot to help out. I'm suprised there is not a donation link to support the forum as well! Maybe there is and I haven't found that one either. Where's the link? :confused: Dave
Good call Dave. I have been meaning to add a PayPal donation button to the main site and the forum. I just added one on the Main Site Homepage. I'll post one to the forum later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks