• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce Emergency Lights

Here is my Federal Signal Vision light bar I picked up off craigslist for $40. It came with the brain box and controller. The guy didn't know what he had at all. This could have easily sold for $250+ in it's entirety. He had it wired wrong and it didn't work quite right when I got it. About a hour working with it and I had it working beautiful and reprogrammed for the way I wanted it set up on the deuce. It has probably 60 different flash patterns and a signal master light bar too. I spent another $100 and bought new lenses for it.

Who else is running emergency lights on their deuce and how did you mount them? I plan on making a head ache rack I the front of the bed to mount over the cab. I also have a federal signal solid state flasher to mount front and rear flashers in the grill and bumper. It is also programmable and had 8 different flash patterns.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that a 12 volt lightbar?

Yeah no one follows light laws..... And no one enforces them. I was a volunteer firefighter for 8 years and had a old federal signal aerodynic with 6 rotators in it. Supposedly the law is 2 rotators. Also led and strobes are supposed to be illegal too.

Only thing enforced in pa is color. No blue or red allowed unless you are authorized. When I ran with the fire company we all carried certificates from the chief saying who we were what company we ran with and it expired every year.

Amber lights are allowed/required on anything emergency such as tow truck plow trucks slow moving vehicles aka deuce lol.

only thing I might get hassled about is the clear lenses, bu they do have amber filters to the rear so I should be fine.

Tlauden

My Deuce Emergecy Lights

Man, sweet lightbar!! Had one identical on my truck except in blue/white. The PA light law is a big gray area, and as mentioned it's not enforced. When running my deuce on the highways I always have my 8" Amber strobe light on. I want to be as safe as I can running 45 when traffic is going 65+ mph.

As to the mounting, good luck. That lightbar has a decent amount of weight to it. I want to put an edge bar on my truck and I might utilize the post mounts, probably run two up and a cross member to mount the bar on. If you have a hard top you could just bolt it right on.

Here is my setup

Last edited:
I will be getting a hardtop next weekend but I'm not sure that it is going to be a good idea mounting the bar to that. I'm going to try though. My thoughts is going with a modified convoy light setup. Using 2 x 2" poles up then 2"x3"x3/16" angle iron with a gusset underneath. Then I can also use it as a headache rack and hang chains and binders from it too.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

I have code 3 mx7000 lights on all my stuff. goes down great at local shows and parades. Also "wolo" fire chief horns for that special sound.
The wrecker has sho-me 17 effects + carson 12 effects. The M54 has whelan + code 3. Rhine tug boat horns. WOLO fire chief + truckmaster horns. The M45 fire truck has siren, carsen, whelen, wolo . Code 3 bars. BELL, All the trucks have the orriginal horns as well. You can see and hear them coming!. beep-beep.

Attachments

Yeah I have the full federal premium vision system with controller and brain box. Has a mic and full sirens. I managed to snag a brand new set of grote truck tone horns off ebay for $40. They will go on the hard top next to the light or on the side of the hood haven't decided yet.

Attachments