• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My deuce, finally done! (for the most part..lol)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yeah, I'd like to see it at the rally as well. I like the shortened bed-has a really modern feel to it.

Cool!

Chinookpilot77

I put in the MRAP seats that I bought through the classifieds here. Made by Global Seating Systems. They tan seats look great inside. The interior is bedlined, though it wasn't belined with the material I wanted to use. The paint shop kinda hosed me. The build portion took me about 4 months worth of weekends....the paint took them almost 6 months...it was a point of contention to be sure.

Over all, I bought the truck july 4th last year, and started tinkering soon there after.

paramedic7831

very nice done crew-cab. Looks like u spent alot of time on the details to. good work looks awesome. I think many of us want to see more on interior and how you transitioned the body work for the crew-cab. I know i am very curious. thx. yup and awesome wife to

asgtoolman

To me ,"THE BUILD" is the exciting part; then the enthusiasm drops and I only pull them out every now and then and always enjoy them, but probably could part with them if I could truely get my money and something for my time out of them.
I know that my next one could be EVEN BETTER, probably at less cost and time, because of the learning curve and knowing who to "GO TO"
It's a magnificent truck you have, but can you imagine what the NEXT one could be like?
SORRY, PROBABLY NOT HELPING YOU!!!

Oilleaker1

Now that is something to take your friends with. I love the short box and quad cab. Very well done. I'm starting to think of another project thanks to you! Chopped deuces are cool, Rat Rod Deuce next???????? I like that idea!

Chinookpilot77

Broman, I may end up putting some insulation up there, I just have kinda run out of steam on the details...now that the build is at 99%, the rest is just gonna have to wait.

I'd honestly like to put chinook soundproofing up....which is just a heavy duty headliner...insulation and sound deadening all in one shot...but they dont give that stuff away. (I would do this to keep the truck 100% military.)

Chinookpilot77

At this point maynard, I really dont know. I doubt anyone on here will want to pay the money that I have in it, and my labor. lol

I'm still not sure if I want to do it or not...every time I drive it, it makes the decision harder, mostly because everyone tells me how **** cool it is lol

maynard83

Well, if you are interested and have a ball park number in mind send me a PM. There are a lot of people I know out here who would be interested as well as some of my family members.

Chinookpilot77

Rich, the bed itself wasn't all that hard to do. I took the M105 and cut the front of it off with a sawzall. I then measured from the tail gate 5 feet, and made another cut with a sawzall. For the coup de grace, I welded the front I cut off back onto the second cut I made. The rest went to the scrap man.

CC, I visited your threads often during the whole process. Wouldn't have been able to figure out the 4 inch split on either side of the cab without it. Thanks for those posts! ;)