• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce, From Purchase to Present

JDToumanian

Thanks guys! :beer:

But what is the thing covering the axle flange on the right rear?
Mechanical back-up bell. :cool:

I always liked hearing those as a kid and was disgusted the first time I heard a truck go "beep-beep-beep" instead of "ding-ding-ding"... When I had the soft top on the cab, I couldn't see through the milky plastic window, and was worried I would hit someone backing up. Remember that California has a disproportionately large number of idiots living here, and those idiots tend to be highly litigious. :roll:

Jon

Last edited:

ryker725

Very nice truck man... I am a fan of the woodland camo, but your paint job came out exceptionally well. I need to go with the hard top as well. Wish I can find one for cheap..

JDToumanian

Where did you get the bell?
eBay... I paid $60+ shipping for two identical ones, new old stock. Before I painted mine, it looked exactly like the one in the link you posted above. Mine are the 8" 4-hammer ones, and they came with mounting hardware.

Jon

Armada

Jon, your truck ROCKS! Vietnam era paint scheme is my favorite. What a GREAT job you did in bringing the truck back to it's former glory. You should be proud!