• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce in the Snow (vid)

SudoSeth

The DC area has been getting a lot of snow recently and the snow plows have had trouble keeping up. There has been so much snow relative to how much we usually get and the roads in my neighborhood have not all been plowed, which as left some people stranded. Although I didn't have a snow plow I decided to get out there and help out.

The sheer weight of my m185 was enough to compact the snow down to a reasonable level. My friend John was a big help and we even got to use the winch as we helped to pull someone up a hill.

The video is kind of long but we had a blast doing everything.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccodks_y1ns[/media]
SudoSeth » Deuce and Half meets 22 inches of Snow

Stan Leschert

You had WAY TOO MUCH FUN! I am glad that you could do that, and I loved the positive comments from your feminine cheering section! Mine was watching your vid with rapt fascination. Yup! I got her hooked! Now she wants me to get chains for the M-135! Btw, that's a sweet 109!

SudoSeth

I'm glad you all enjoyed watching the video. :)

The truck has some extra uses as well that are useful during winter storms. If the power goes out I can use the alternator tied to a bank of 6 deep cycle batteries and a 900 Watt inverter. It's not powerful enough to run a refrigerator or stove, but it runs the lights and computers in my house without a problem. After testing that for a while today I had to recharge the batteries so I decided to make a video about that. I hope to do a proper write up of all the mods that I've made to the truck so far, but in the meantime I hope you enjoy another video:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD8595HFjJA[/media]

srodocker

that is a REALLY sweet setup. what the original plan for that whole hook up? emergency situations? and looks like the deuce all together is in top shape. you buy it like that or did you also do all that work.

SudoSeth

I plan to use the truck primarily as a mobile computer networking center with the additional use of functioning as emergency relief. The idea for the networking setup is to be able to drive just about anywhere and instantly have a computer network setup to play video games with a bunch of people.

We bought the truck from GL in fairly good condition and then added a lot of equipment to it, including a 8U (I think that's how big it is) server rack, inverter, batteries, and a whole slew of other things. If you're interested I've made a much better (longer) writeup on my Blog about the truck: SudoSeth » Overview of the M185A3

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks