• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce is safe at home

bryan70546

Well today I went out to trailbosses place and got my green iron :-D
I have to say the truck kicked my butt , My feet keep cramping up my legs hurt from shifting been a few years sense i drove a manuel , all in all it was a great ride home lots of waves and thumbs ups even a few cops waved . Things were going really good till about 6 miles from home when the truck decided it wanted to go faster and took off like a bat out of hell :twisted: I had no throttle control , hurried up and pulled over and pulled up on the pedel , let go and the RPMS would just shoot up. I was able to limp it home and found that the throttle return spring had broke off , took a measurement ment and went to auto zone found a universal spring made the two bends and it worked like a charm . Now she has a new home got her washed up have to replace the speedo cable and a rear wheel seal , and also try to figure out why the brakes lights stay on were Trailboss just put a new switch in , and they worked when we left his place now they just stay on . Here are some pics .

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

You know I'm glad you brought up about the throttle spring. Seems to be something that has happened more times than I want to count to guys. Be a good idea to just replace that spring before it snaps. Nothing like being caught in traffic and have it snap and then you got some unwanted media attention all over you and the hobby.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's funny how the little things can mean so much.

That spring couldn't have broken on the interstate where you could have put it in neutral, killed the engine and drifted to the shoulder.....NOOOOO, it has to break in the city.

Glad you made it safely!!