• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My deuce's arrived !!!

sail-bum

These are my first MV's, so very exciting for me. Truth be told, if it was not for this site I would be completely lost. Do to my work facility, I should be able to work on these without to much trouble other than the learning curve. I am used to working on boats as a hobby, but they have grown boring and I have loved MV's forever.

midcounty

I know where a couple parts trucks are with heaters. I am going to grab one for a truck I just bought. PM me and I will let ya know how much they are when I get a price from the man. I could remove one for you when I go get mine.

dozer1

Looks like 2 very nice deuces. I did something like that too. Bought 3 right away and sold 2. Gets you into a cheap deuce if it all works out well. Best of luck and enjoy.

sail-bum

The one I keep will not necessarily be a restoration, it will have some modifications but nothing to crazy. Some modern comforts in the cab mainly, then maybe the wife will actually get within 10 feet of it!

sail-bum

Well if there are so many of us in Georgia, where does anyone or everyone gather? I am up for buying a few drinks for someone in exchange for some stupid newby questions! I have a lot of questions, and am willing to buy a lot of drinks! I have 2 deuces that I need to swap some parts around on before I sell the extra one, I just want to make sure I do it right and don't lose any body parts in the process!

Heavysteven

Mall of Georgia8)

Next event is probally the GAMVPA and the Ga Rally.

You can post or ask me any questions. I've been there two years ago I did know how to turn the lights on.

sail-bum

There is a taco Mac at Mall of Georgia, and soon the Tilted Kilt will open their new location there. If you have never been to either of those restaurants you owe yourself a visit, and I will buy! Like I said, I have a lot of questions.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well if there are so many of us in Georgia, where does anyone or everyone gather? I am up for buying a few drinks for someone in exchange for some stupid newby questions! I have a lot of questions, and am willing to buy a lot of drinks! I have 2 deuces that I need to swap some parts around on before I sell the extra one, I just want to make sure I do it right and don't lose any body parts in the process!
There are a couple of big rallies each year-the Ga. MVPA chapter typically puts on an event in September. It's more of a traditional car show with displays, swap meet, etc.

Then there is the Steel Soldiers Ga. Rally which is the world's premier military vehicle event.

Coming Soon!

Here is info and pictures from last year's event. We had 75 trucks-that's not counting trailers, equipment, etc. Trail rides, swap meet, camping, etc.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/59085-newer-2010-ga-rally-multimedia-thread.html

Now, since the Ga Rally has become an international event, some of us local folks have discussed having a smaller get together in the spring just to hang out. A local, one day affair. Something like what the Ga Rally started out as:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/7123-ss-cookout-trailride-pics.html

If you guys are interested, we could rent a pavilion at one of state parks (I liked Unicoi, where we went in 2007) in the spring and have a one day thing. Something like this, only on a smaller scale:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/14448-offical-ga-ss-rally-multimedia-bs-thread.html

So far as monthly meetings, us SS guys don't have anything regular, but the Ga. MVPA does have monthly meetings on the 3rd Saturday around lunch at the Delkwood Cafe on Delk Rd in Marietta. Sometimes a bunch of us SS guys will get together and go out there.

Terexts

Nice looking trucks you have there! I know one thing, I'm addicted to working on my deuce and you will find that out soon I'm sure. :) You're not too far away from me. If you ever need any help, feel free to give me a shout.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks