• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My final m1028 project

CPAPPY

Here are so pictures of my build project . Truck bed has one coat of epoxy primer on it, doors ,fenders and hood have all body work done to them and ready for epoxy primer. Thinking about removing cab to paint the frame . It looks like it would be a lot of work .

Attachments

jimmy-90

I like the tall skinny Michelins. Looks like your gonna need a little bit of lift or some pretty radical fender trimming in order to put the bed and fenders back on though. I would love to run a set of those some day. Those look to be at least 38 or so inches tall. How much lift do you think it would take to run those without any fender trimming? Also that truck looks good all taken apart and is probly gonna look great when it is put back together.

CPAPPY

I like the tall skinny Michelins. Looks like your gonna need a little bit of lift or some pretty radical fender trimming in order to put the bed and fenders back on though. I would love to run a set of those some day. Those look to be at least 38 or so inches tall. How much lift do you think it would take to run those without any fender trimming? Also that truck looks good all taken apart and is probly gonna look great when it is put back together.
Thanks , I have a 8 " lift for it and crossover steering . I didnt want to cut the fenders in case I want to sell the truck and put on some stock tires on it . Might put on a set of Nitto mud Grappler 38x15.5x17 If the tire look to skinny .

CPAPPY

Disassembled

Finally today I did some work . Epoxy primered the cab , and pulled the cab off . Will pull the motor to clean up , put on thicker head gasket for the turbo , new hose and coolant gasket . Is there anything else I should do before putting the motor back in . I will also be painting the frame and will be putting on a lift kit and crossover steering .

Attachments

CPAPPY

Painted frame

Want to show more picture of the frame. All I know is it takes a long time to clean, also pulled engine and wanting on a re-ring set thats on backorder.
Remove transmission to find out why the parking pawl is not holding , when I recieved the truck there was no parking pawl assy. in there, so I bought one and put it in and it willnot hold on a slight incline . Any suggestion on what might be wrong , all it does is just click. Also rolling backwards there is less holding .

Attachments

CPAPPY

transmission fix.

Took off transmission pan looked at the assy. and found out I had the top bracket rotated 180 deg. out now it engages into the gear . The assy. shown now is correct.

Attachments

BobM

Took off transmission pan looked at the assy. and found out I had the top bracket rotated 180 deg. out now it engages into the gear . The assy. shown now is correct.

Glad it was so simple. But, if you are like me, you wish you'd done it right the 1st time!;)

Been there done that. Skipped the shirt!

CPAPPY

At least It I had the tranny out , So much easier and cleaner out . I am glad it was so easy to fix , I was worried it would be something else.

CPAPPY

Well today I finished installing motor , And installed a 8"front lift and a 6" rear lift springs are from Superlift . Still need to and my extended brake line . It still seem to be sitting high in the rear about a 1.5 "taller. Now I need to calc. the pinion angle to shim correct. Never done this before but have read up on how to. Still waiting on some info. on pre filter before electric fuel pump .

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks