• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first 5 ton and now fuel problems

bigmech

I bought a 818 my first 5 ton. When I went to the armory to pick it up, the Gov.liquidation fellow already had it running for me. I thought that was nice of him to jump it and get it running bujt I really wanted to check the fliuds and fuel condition as it had been sitting for a long time. It was running decent and I only had 2 miles to go so I drove it out and made it about 1/2 a mile and it quit in the middle of the road. We pulled it off into a parking lot and found the fuel was smelling worse than any fuel has ever smelled. It was full of parifin flakes and was just all around nasty. I can't beleive it ran at all. I need the fuel filter info. I have never have bought fuel filters for a 5 ton and don't know if I can get one at the NAPA store or not. I need a idea on what fuel additive to put into the tanks afetr I flush them out. I hope I can just change the filter and flush out the tanks. If I'm smoking something someone let me know will you?