• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first army truck and it BIG

91W350

Sorry to hear about this terrible mishap good reason to not hire illegials. Side notecall me Indy
I think that is a cheap shot, not trying to start a side war or be ugly. If they have green cards, Kansas Driver's Licenses and SOC cards, I do not see how they are illegal. I wish more of our legal citizens would work that hard at paying their bills, instead of milking our system and letting us pay their bills. Glen

ok everyone enough im sick of hearing everyone rip off glens head for something that was not his fault.please stop yes i am very sad for the lose of this truck but stop everyone it really pisses me off hearing everyone take a bite out of glens a** leave him alone.this is supposed to be a family everyone is acting like 5 year olds.yes i wanted that truck badly but i can always get a different one.i dont care if i get flamed glen is a great guy for saving that ruck for as long as could before we decided we were going to buy it.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Well after some very long talks and thoughts we are going to build a clone m810 cargo truck for the wife. Probley start with a m813 and move the rear axles forward as put the smaller 55 gal. tanks on the driver side and really push hard to have it done by next summers Haspin Rally for it's first time out. It's going to be a lot of work but this is what she wants and we do already have a xm810w/w data tag so why not, right.

We haven't decided if we will shorten the m813 bed or use a deuce bed but more then likely we will shorten the five ton bed one panel, as well as shorten the frame to match.

If it was easy every one would do it right?

91W350

Sounds like an ambitious project in the least. I hope it goes well for you, would be nice to see one of those towering boxes again!

indy4x4fab

Banned
Sounds like an ambitious project in the least. I hope it goes well for you, would be nice to see one of those towering boxes again!
Very true glen, I have been going over the pictures of the tan com box m810 that was at your yard and I think it was a m813 originally, now this is just a guess here but look at the shot of the fuel tank here.

Pic 1-M813 fuel tank
Pic 2-glens tan com box m810
Pic 3-m818
Pic 4- is of a m809 navy sea bee water tanker truck, notes the long tool box on the pass. side?
Pic 5-is of a water filtering m810

the tank was to long on the the tan com truck, to be and m810, but the m809 chassis where the same length as the m813 just no bed.

It also looks like m810s also had dual fuel tanks like the m817 and m818.

Attachments

Last edited:

indy4x4fab

Banned
HI

If you need to look at a box from an M109.. We have our M109A4 in Indy at my business partners location.
Thank you for the offer, but the Mrs. wants to be able to do some of the lighter trail riding her self and a 109 box while it would make for a very nice path clearing plow just wouldn't be the best off road choice.

If augiedog is cerise about trading we would be going that route for sure, we just need to find him a m813 that has as good of looks as his truck does and runs as good, too.

augiedoggy

Thank you for the offer, but the Mrs. wants to be able to do some of the lighter trail riding her self and a 109 box while it would make for a very nice path clearing plow just wouldn't be the best off road choice.

If augiedog is cerise about trading we would be going that route for sure, we just need to find him a m813 that has as good of looks as his truck does and runs as good, too.
Yep Nick, I think I am fairly serious about that, I really did want an M813 but they were going for more money at the time. I figured i'd add a deuce bed to it but all that is doing is mimicking an 813. I've got a lot invested in the old girl so it'd have to be a fair deal. Then you mentioned shortening and I'm thinking lengthening......hmmmm ....... maybe we can work something out........:driver:
Did I mention your truck is awesome with the Monster tires?!

indy4x4fab

Banned
Hi,
To further show my lack of knowledge..

Why a 800 series rather the newer 900 series?

PS. Our move to Indianapolis is complete.
We already have a m818 so if we had a second m818 or m810 then we would be able to have a completely interchangeable set of parts, plus that also means we only need one set of parts for both trucks instead of two different sets of spare parts for two different series trucks (m809s and m939s).

The m818, m817, and m810 all share the same drive train, fuel tanks, cab components, just the m810 has about an extra two feet of frame behind the rear axle.

Attachments

indy4x4fab

Banned
Yep Nick, I think I am fairly serious about that, I really did want an M813 but they were going for more money at the time. I figured i'd add a deuce bed to it but all that is doing is mimicking an 813. I've got a lot invested in the old girl so it'd have to be a fair deal. Then you mentioned shortening and I'm thinking lengthening......hmmmm ....... maybe we can work something out........:driver:
Did I mention your truck is awesome with the Monster tires?!
Well I'll start looking around and that I have one in mind for you, good woodland tri-color paint, hard top, needs some basic maintenance done to it which I would take care of for you and it should be good to go. Do you want side racks and cover as well? Or is just a basic m813a1 good enough with out racks and cover?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks