• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first CUCVs!!!

100dollarman

Recovered a 1986 M1009 Blazer and 2 M1028s today. I am excited about learning about them as these are the first ones I have bought.

All three have approx 40K miles and run great! One of the M1028s is very straight bodied too! The other two have a few dents and a small amount of rust. All have newish tires.

Anyways, thought I would share a few pics- this is my first post in this section.

I know I am addicted--- I would buy all of them if % had the $$$ !!!! :twisted:

Attachments

beaubeau

Good looking vehicles!! I sold a M1008 to a neighbor who went on a 250 mile trip this weekend and he averaged 23 MPG!!?? Thats amazing considering the gear ratio. Good luck with the vehicles. Where did you get them? Phil

100dollarman

Re: RE: My first CUCVs!!!

beaubeau said:
Good looking vehicles!! I sold a M1008 to a neighbor who went on a 250 mile trip this weekend and he averaged 23 MPG!!?? Thats amazing considering the gear ratio. Good luck with the vehicles. Where did you get them? Phil

Thanks, BB! They are my newest additions to the "Hundy Compound" ! They came from Barstow.

I would guess there is a math error in your neighbors math. Although I would LOVE it if they got that kind of mileage!!! Could it really get 23? I really dont think so, though. I am going to guess about 15-16 maybe 17. But like I said- these are my first, so maybe some experts will chime in on fuel mileage.

gocmndo

We used a GPS and about a 60 mile trip to get the mileage for my M1008. I will say it was flat freeway on a summer day and I am running 37" tall tires but I got 24 MPG...
Haven't seen that number since....

As a side note my brother drove his beautiful 68 Ford Bronco with a 302 and a three on the tree. He got 9.5 MPG. I won't let him forget it either :lol:

100dollarman

gocmndo said:
We used a GPS and about a 60 mile trip to get the mileage for my M1008. I will say it was flat freeway on a summer day and I am running 37" tall tires but I got 24 MPG...
Haven't seen that number since....

As a side note my brother drove his beautiful 68 Ford Bronco with a 302 and a three on the tree. He got 9.5 MPG. I won't let him forget it either :lol:
These mileage reports are very encouraging!

I like that shell on youe truck! How much lift do you have (if any) to run 37s? Are you running Hummer tires?