• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Deuce Needed..

MRosser

Hey everyone..im new to the forum. I am looking at buying a Duece and i have read that i need to buy one that has everything on it that i want.. or close to it...so right now i am looking for a good solid duece with a turbo and a winch everything in working condition, tan with the back cover and possibly singled out. dont have to be everything but you get the idea of what i want..does anyone have one for sale?..ohh preferably somewhere around alabama.. thanks matt..

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the classifieds and I am sure there are a few in your state or close by for sale. I'm sure some of the members will chime in with what they have.

They might be green but a couple of boxes of rattle cans would solve that problem. :)

sw

M35Brown

Look under the Resources Tab at the top of the page, click on it and then go to the Classifieds.
I don't know who they are, but there is someone on I-75 north of Atlanta GA., they have a line of Dueces for sale, a friend of mine saw them, I'll try to get more info soon.
Good luck. Everone needs a Duece or two!

GoHot229

$6,000 or there-abouts to start, your better bet is forum clasiffieds. Look a bit before you buy, there are deals. It may be that you find a nice winch Deuce with singles, and later com up with the bows and cover or? If I were looking as you described, I'd get a winch Deuce with a hard-top , heater, fiberglass troop seats and start there, all the rest is easily found.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Mrosser,

Welcome to SteeSoldiers and the Alabama MV mafia......there are several of us in the Gadsden area and others nearby.
I have three deuces for sale if you want to come look or just learn more about them.
You are welcome to drive one if you like.
I will be here all weekend as far as I know.
There is a Georgia Military Vehicle Preservation Association rally this month in Alpheretta, GA and the big Steelsoldiers rally at the end of October. I will be attending both.
They will be great events to attend and meet MV folks and/or buy/sell/trade stuff.
PM me for contact info.

airmech3839

Welcome to the site!!! You can find deals out there and look carefully...if you are not familiar with deuces go see WM and he will hook you up right and get you checked out and familiar so you know what you are looking at. I have heard of people buying off craigslist and ebay as well as the classifieds here on this sight! Happy hunting!!:-D

MRosser

Thanks for the advise...i think it would be best to go and drive one and talk to someone who knows about them first..before i jump into something...i just think they are cool ...the problem is that i always go overboard with everything i do...so if i get one..then i will want 5 more...but maybe someone locally will let me come and talk to them and see if i will like them or not....matt

Garandfan

Definitely go through a local private seller. You get the luxury of the title and a truck that has been gone through. Also you get to make a new friend. Secondly, to cure the overboard part, get a fixer upper for less! You will certainly have something else to do along with driving. It becomes an addiction, a sickness, to make your truck the best one you've ever seen. Also, you become very intimate with the truck and become your own reliable mechanic. If you don't know, you learn and learn and apply. THIS SITE IS AWESOME AND SO ARE THE MEMBERS!

hughscpa

If you can keep it local that would be best. I have bought two dueces from fairly local guys, within 300 miles, and they were both found on this site. These members were great to work with and everyone on here has been a great resource with any questions I have had. Another case of OD fever has been confirmed. Good luck.