• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first deuce, which turbo?

which turbo

• whistler "c"

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • "D"

Votes: 31 57.4%

• Total voters

1qwkgoat

One of my deuces is here at the house. The problem with your pic is that it was taken by a gl employee. The sun is washing out any definition that could pinpoint exactly what you have. How far awy is the deuce? Take your paid in full invoice printed up and show the guy at GL. Tell him you want to do a pre-inspection of your property.

I don't have my paid in full invoice, my EUC hasn't cleared yet. That and it's 560 miles away. It's at camp dodge

1qwkgoat

I'd say it looks like a C.
Did you vote??

Remember guys there's no seriousnesss to this. I thought it might be interesting to see, how well everybody could guess given the low quality and bad angle of the picture. Once I get the truck we'll know if the forum guessed correct or not. I'll send $5 to each person who guessed correctly, O no wait that's just a lie to try and get you to vote

Also I think I'm starting to go slightly crazy waiting on the EUC

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

August 21st, 2009.

In either case, I hope you get your truck asap, as some folks may think you're getting a little cranky.... kinda like Beetlejuice in the "Horny" scene! Having worked around a deuce dump truck with a "C" turbo, they can get annoying after a while....I'd opt for a "D" myself, but my deuce has the normally aspirated LD465, so she has a rather pleasing rumble and a smoke screen to beat the band....:-D

Good luck & cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam veteran truck.:razz:

coolnick73

I too misread your poll question. I voted for the C as I have a C and I like it. However, I have heard that some C's will scream more than others. Mine isn't very obnoxious and I think it sounds cooler.

1qwkgoat

My daily driver is a large cam(244/252 111LSA) 6.0 litre GTO running longtubes 3in X pipe and electric dumps. I'd say the dumps are open 80% of the time.

In either case if it's a C, I own ear plugs. Or I'll trade someone for a D turbo. But I also don't forsee taking it on many long trips, so hopefully it wont be to bad in short doses.

1qwkgoat

Digging this old thread back up. My Deuce will be here in the morning(8am Cen time), so anybody who wants to get a last minute guess in do so know.

Yeah, I'm to excited to sleep. I'll probably be making stupid posts all night

bryan70546

its hard to tell but I voted "C" i have a c turbo also but its does not scream like some others , Plus i put a muffler on it also but it still sounds great .

1qwkgoat

I will know in about an hour. I'm really curious right now to figure out which one it is.

I winder how many people guessed correctly

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just voted "D"! :wink:

Anticipation....

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris, I think his EUC just cleared and he's waiting on his shipper.

Oh, by the by, it's a "D" turbo....You can just make out how fat the upper end of the exhaust side of the turbo is in the picture.

hellrayzor1

UUUMMMMMM!!!!......how can you tell the difference just looking at one? I have no clue what I have and its sitting out back. :oops:

Mark( Feeling really newbie again)