• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Deuce

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hello all,

Just got my first deuce and was woundering the best way to add a back up light? And some super singles are on the horizon.
I know guys that hook LEDs up to the black out lights so no switch or relay is needed. Some will hook a switch to the transmission rod that pops out when you put it in reverse.

FloridaAKM

If you want to see where you are backing into, a single or set of 24v lamp fixtures of your choice, attached to a switch/relay will let you see what you are running into. Gimpy stated some good ideas also. My idea was to get a lamp fixture here & wire it into the system, with a switch in the dash, until I got a light kit from a GL auction to install.

FloridaAKM

No manners again,sorry, welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Academy. Pull up a chair & see what you can learn. That truck of yours looks like mine except for all the white stuff around it! Nice looking truck, hope it gives you loads of fun!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone in Iowa is getting M35s... Welcome from Kentucky, check/search the classifieds, a member here puts together a neat back up light switch kit. You add the light of your choice.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If your looking for lights, I have a BUNCH of 50watt floods in 24v in the classifieds, or PM for more info.

machinist75

Peashooter used to make a part that attached to the shaft that comes out the front of the transmission when you put it in reverse. He may still have a few left, send him a pm.

Jeepsinker

Yes peashooter made or makes a kit with an adapter and switch included. A very clean setup it is indeed. The shaft that actuated it is the sprag engagement shaft that comes out of the rear of the transmission case near the top on the passenger side.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My local Tractor Supply Company has a pair of LED floods for $40. They are univolt (9-32 volts). I have put LED floods under the bed of my trucks, pointing to the sides and back. On my deuce, they are about centered over the pivot between the two rear axles, up high under the bed near the frame. Very inconspicuous that way, when not in use.

I have them on a toggle switch that has power at all times so I can leave them on with the truck off. They work great as area lights that way, as well as for backing up. The light to the sides helps when backing up through my property gates.

sac

My local Tractor Supply Company has a pair of LED floods for $40. They are univolt (9-32 volts). I have put LED floods under the bed of my trucks, pointing to the sides and back. On my deuce, they are about centered over the pivot between the two rear axles, up high under the bed near the frame. Very inconspicuous that way, when not in use.

I have them on a toggle switch that has power at all times so I can leave them on with the truck off. They work great as area lights that way, as well as for backing up. The light to the sides helps when backing up through my property gates.
Thanks that sounds like what I was looking for. I see in your signature you have a 12 volt alt. as well, where did you get that.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard :)
Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

As someone already suggested, the SEARCH button is your friend. Beware of some of the old farts around here, though. You may want to be careful about picking up any fumbled soap bars in the shower, if you know what I mean. Actually, there are many here with invaluable knowledge and a willingness to share it. We truly welcome you aboard.

:usafss: <--- I just got to use this for the very first time. Thanks, Drew (?) for my personalized Smiley!

Last edited: