• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Deuce...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: My first Deuce...

Jakob said:
With the trick about removing the air filter to start up, then using a 2x4 to shut it down... does that apply to the non-turbo version?
That is in case of "motor run away", not needed if it starts and idles fine. If it starts and keeps increasing RPMs, then its needed. Also, its not taking out the AIR FILTER, its the air filter MUSHROOM.

Jakob

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: My first Deuce...

gimpyrobb said:
Jakob said:
With the trick about removing the air filter to start up, then using a 2x4 to shut it down... does that apply to the non-turbo version?
That is in case of "motor run away", not needed if it starts and idles fine. If it starts and keeps increasing RPMs, then its needed. Also, its not taking out the AIR FILTER, its the air filter MUSHROOM.
What's the difference? I haven't gotten to that part in the manuals yet. Which manual has that in it so I make sure I have the right one?

What can I expect to find or deal with in a truck that's been sitting for approximately 2 years? I have the list that was posted up about picking up a truck from GL. Should I just pretty much assume the truck is going to be in the same shape as a GL truck?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks