• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Deuce.

Sundance

:-D Well after selling both of my goats and my M37 I finally have joined the Deuce club. Just bought the M109 at Fort Reilly. Didn't get a chance to check it ahead of time so I really have my fingers (and everything else) crossed.

I saw in another thread that its possible to visit the site ahead of time and try to get it running and diagnose any potential problems prior to getting your final invoice.

Has anybody else done it this way? and is it recommended?

Last edited:

Sundance

Well my 'paid in full invoice' just came thru. Talked to the site GL representative and they said the 14 day removal time started from the original invoice date. Which would have meant I had to remove it prior to my EUC approval. Typical GL *#%* I guess.

Anyway if I have a successful recovery does anybody in the area of Ft. Riley know of some temporary storage facility for a couple of weeks until I can return with a helper to drive back home?

GL said I would have to negotiate storage charges with the Gov't if I left it there.

Any local help would be greatly appreciated and lubricated :p.

dk8019

Frodo is correct, I believe the GL guy meant from the PIF invoice, many people wait two months for that for their EUC to clear! Your's is going to be a pretty long drive, Ft. Riley is a haul. You may want to consider having it shipped, the cost often isn't too bad.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
YEEOOOWWWWW. 11-ish hours. Let me know if you need any questions answered or parts. I doubt I live far from you.

Sundance

I did finally convince the guy that because of EUC approval my clock shouldn't start running until my final PIF invoice date.

I'll also check shipping costs but I thought an in person recovery would be an adventure.:roll: Recovered a Mack fire truck from Macon, GA last year and drove it home, fun until I had to drive in a thunderstorm with the open cab.

Gimpyrob, I know I'll need some parts it looks like one of the front tires is flat and there's no spare. I planned on stopping at C and C in Indiana on my way out to pick up the tire and wheel.

Thanks for the advice all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks