• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Deuce

Mongo

I managed to convince the wife that a Deuce was just as useful as our conversion van. I picked this up from a private seller and drove it 200 miles back to St.Louis. That was a nerve racking experience considering I haven't driven one of these for about 20 years. It is not without its problems but in decent shape overall.

Attachments

Mongo

Yeah.... stopping.... Not quite the brakes I remember. Or the pickup... or the top speed.. or the oil pressure....

Not what I remember but exactly what I expected.

Mongo

I had originally considered bobbing it but after talking with MoMVman I am on the fence. So far, Standard Plates, Standard GEICO insurance (a bit high), Standard Safety inspection. No need to remove the third axle in my state to make things easier... I had plates on it in one day!

Flyingvan911

Congradulations. The deuce really is useful. Once you need to move alot of stuff or something big, you'll think of your deuce first and be glad you have it. That's a nice looking truck.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the SteelSoldiers welcomes you and your new truck aboard :grin: Congrats on the motorpool beginnings - find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Where did you get that name "MONGO"... Could it have been BLAZING SADDLES???

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28khv-BydeY[/media]

rofl

To BoB or not to bOb??? I have talked to so many guys that wanted to heavily modify a Deuce, until they got one. The :cookoo: thoughts of cutting one up have crossed my mind, a few times. But I think I will always want at least one stock Deuce.
Nice truck you got there. [thumbzup]Soon you will love everything about driving it, like the rest of us.

Mongo

Blazing Saddles is it! That shows how old we all are though as the "under 20's" thinks it comes from the giant gingerbread man in Shrek!

The bobbing (if it ever happens) is still a long way off. I prefer the look of the soft tops when bobbed. Since my truck has:

Insulated Hard top
Heater
Cold Weather Start

It would kill me to swap the top. I would rather find another deuce all together and bob it.

Ripcord01

:pMongo, Nice score. If you need a place to park it let me know. I have family all over Mo. Remember when you get dirty looks from the Ladue police dept, tell them you are performing PM on the truck.

Ripcord01

Very nice! still looking for my first duece! i live in new mexico if anybody knows of any!
Apoligies to the OP.

Search like everyone else does. start in the Classifieds if not a match, then register for a account on Government Liquidators . Start your own thread to introduce yourself and you might be surprised..

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice! still looking for my first duece! i live in new mexico if anybody knows of any!
The West Texas Detachment of the SS welcomes the new guy from Alamogordo aboard :grin: Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

My mother-in-law also lives in Alamogordo [thumbzup] I'll send you a PM about some upcoming travel plans. Maybe we can meet up.

Mongo

Nice looking truck.
So what are the details on her?
Here is what it came with:

D-Turbo
Single Wheels with pre-flipped hubs
Near new tires
Heater
Hard Top
Flame Start
Electric Wipers
Vinyl Cargo Cover
Fiberglass Troop Seats
Title
43,XXX miles
Springer Drivers Seat
Fresh Filters and Oil
Air Shift Lockouts
Cable Operated bleeder valves

The bad it came with:
Tranny was overfull and puked lube on the clutch plate
Clutch is probably due for a replacement soon
Oil pressure is really low (bad sender?)
One Hub Seal gave out on the drive home (will fix this weekend)
Top Leaks at seal (new seal is on-hand)

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those just sound like normal, minor, bads.
rofl
That's just how the trannys find their level . . . once they get it sort out it's up to you to remember what the level needs to be. lol
The oil pressure could be a miss matched sender/ gauge
and the axle could be leaking because of a plugged vent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks