• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Deuce

Dwduggins

Hello to all,

I am new to the site and new to the Hobby. I have been reading on the site for a few days after finding a 1972 M35A2 that I quickly became interested in. After going down and seeing the deuce in person and taking it for a little test drive, I just couldnt help but bring her home with me!

It seems to be in great shape, virtually no rust, has the air assisted steering, heater, hard top and it is one with a winch. Now im thinking...What have I got myself into!

The truck also had a greasecar kit installed on it and a seperate WVO tank, which was a plus for me since I have been using WVO for a while in other vehicles. I have searched all over the site but am still having a hard time finding information in all the TM's, specifically looking for a fuel schematic of some sort to familiarize myself with the trucks fuel system.

I have the title, need to go get tags and insurance this week for it.

Overall pretty happy with it, runs great and gets down the road good. Drove it home, about a 80 mile drive with no issues at all. Ill try to get some pics up soon!

Dwduggins

Thanks to all!

I will get some pics up soon!

Thanks for the lead to the TM's, Lots of great information there. Just taking some time to familiarize myself with which ones contain the information I am looking for. I still have had no luck finding a complete fuel system schematic to help identify where the fuel goes (from the tank, through which filters and into the pump and return, etc). The truck was supposedly convereted to run on WVO and the previous owner had installed a seperate saddle tank for WVO and plumbed the lines but I found out the hard way that it was wired wrong and im trying to double check all the plumbing to see that the feeds and supplys have been properly plumbed. May have to either redo some things or worst case, if it has to be removed, I need to figure out where to reconnect the original fuel lines.

Truck runs great right now, fires up very quickly and is fun to drive.

mightymanx

Air assist, a winch, hardtop, and heater.

You have the super delux version with all the creature comforts. You don't want start out with the cushy ride it will make you soft. Best to either remove all that stuff and find a snow storm or you had better put nails under your seat cushion to keep you tough.

If you are of social security age wavers for delux creature comforts may be appied for.

Dwduggins

Yeah its bright, sticks out like a sore thumb. I actually had every intention of painting it, But believe it or not its starting to grow on me. It looks better in person than in the pictures. It seems to be a pretty solid truck under all the blue though.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
did you get it from an SSer, seems like I have seen that truck on site befor

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks