• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Generator MEP002A

jamawieb

Looks great! Now you will need a 003a and you may ask why? It's because you always think you may need something bigger. Or I guess that was just me.:cookoo:

dangier

15kw? A 003a (or 803), will more than suffice when used in a single house application. The 15kw water cooled and up are prone to wet stacking if not loaded enough. My 003 runs water heater, water pump, sewer pump, dryer, washer, oil furnace, freezer, 2 refrigerators, electric oven, all lights, and then some. I rarely see the load meter over 100%. Not all listed loads are on at one time, but I have never had the 003a bog down under these loads when run as needed (just grunts a little and picks back up). The 003a is less prone to wet stacking as it is air cooled and runs hotter.
I also have a 002a as backup which will handle most loads with load management. Of course, there is another 002a and 003a in the garage (backup to the backups, and spare parts, etc).
David

Thats what I have and I find my 002a runs my house pretty well. Where are you going to have your genset at while powering your house? You might want to consider puting it in a small shed a little away from your house. I have mine in a shed about 40' away from my house, and when its running with the doors closed you cant hear it in the house. Also it will keep it out of the weather and somewhat out of sight. (except perhaps how you vent the exhaust)
Have a good one, metalworker393

Keith_J

Lost power Thursday night, wife didn't want to switch over to the 002A. Took the power company three hours to restore.

I have to walk down to the shop, roll the generator up to the main panel and then transfer. Well, the shop is 100 yards away, two gates and two turns over hilly path. Even though the generator is electric self mobile on a wagon cart, the dircetional control switch failed and I had to use the transaxle reverse gear to go forward so it had little speed. A 500 watt 24 volt motor coupled to a 2 speed forward plus reverse lawn tractor transaxle is the basic design.

Today, that switch will get fixed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks