• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first M1009

tlm47201

Bought my first M1009 a while back from Drexel. Took forever to get the EUC accepted, kept getting kicked out for silly crap, and different things each time. Finally was sent to Battle creek for approval on July 10. Still waiting, but its tough. Anxious to get the old girl home. Nearly lived in one during the first Gulf war. Hoping "running condition unknown" and "no key" means they never tried to start it. Hopefully the forklift demons have'nt wrecked the drive shaft. I plan on towing it, got 45 miles to go.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey tlm, if you go on Friday and hook up with JW, it should go easiier. The GL rep told JW that every one of them was driven in. Do you have a key? If not, JW might have a spare or 3. I'd bet against a bent driveshaft on these trucks. All in all, that was a great sale to get an M1009 in. With a little luck and persuasion, I'll buy one of JWs off him.

tlm47201

I'm scheduled for 10am this Friday. I made a few copies off the m1008 I picked up for my fire department. It would be sweet for it to run. I plan on bringing the better half to drive my truck home, and I'll drive the 1009 is it is able. I have a towbar if not. I plan on using it as my fire command vehicle if it isnt too bad.

jw4x4

Well, Kenny, unless there is something seriously amiss with my first choice, you are home free with my second one. Parts seem to be plentiful and I am not worried. And remember, as always, I blame this on YOU!!! and at the same time THANK you. Is that possible? It SURE is!!!

choll

Tim
I have 3 blazers down there waiting for my euc to clear. can you take a quick look at them for me and give me a quick report. I will gladly chip in on your gas.
If there is anyone else going there or in the area I will give you the lot numbers.

Chuck

tlm47201

choll said:
Tim
I have 3 blazers down there waiting for my euc to clear. can you take a quick look at them for me and give me a quick report. I will gladly chip in on your gas.
If there is anyone else going there or in the area I will give you the lot numbers.

Chuck
Send me the lot numbers, I'll try to look them over.

tlm47201@aol.com

jw4x4

I am also going Fri Aug 8 to pick up my pair of 1009's. I will also give them a look and ask if we can at least attempt to start them. JW

tlm47201

choll said:
Tim

Chuck
Chuck, picked my m1009up this morning, but the GL folks wouldnt allow me to look yours over without written permission. If you'd like, when you come in to get them myself and maybe some others could meet you and help you.