• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My First Military "Vehicle"

cyberspace_7

Wanted to post this for a few days but have been really busy the last few days!:-( My dad bought me a trailer as a surprise for me! I know it's a M105 but I was wondering if it was an A1? The data plate is still there just painted over, will probably buy a blank and re-stamp it. The front landing gear got crushed at sometime, but we have it fixed. Not sure what all the numbering is though....:?: It would seem to have come from Fort Campbell with the yellow sticker. I suppose this simple trailer will only be the beginning of the OD green addiction...:twisted: Still need to pick up and get it home though...probably in a week or so here. I can't wait:!:

Attachments

cyberspace_7

Thanks JB. My dad fixed it! I thought he did a good job! Anyone else have any opinions on what it is exactly or any ideas on the markings? I'm assuming the ones on the tongue are some sort of inventory numbers?

Lex_Ordo

I know how you feel. Congrats on the new aquisition.
I too, bought a trailer first. Mine was Canadian.

It just led me to buy a Duece.
Your second pic looks like a Duece bumper. I see the trailer was a HQ vehicle, but can't make out the number, unless the T 55 in the other pic is it.

dittle

Gonna lean towards the A1 also as I thought that the 2nd air line (that your's doesn't have) got added with the A2s.

txdodge43man

it could be a A1 or M105 its got the early lights and landing leg. Not sure what makes a A1 but my trailer had the early style body and park brakes and the data plate said XM105E3 dated 1953 so who knows. id try to clean the data tag and find out what it says. as far as I know the a2 has different park brakes, two air lines instead of one and the body and landing leg are different.