• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first MV and a thanks to the member that sold her to me.

joeinaforest

Well, yesterday I finally jumped into the MV world with my first M35A2! She is a lovely old girl....virtually rust free and runs like a top!!!

I want to thank the kindly gentleman in the attached photo, in what is likely his last pic with his former lady!

I asked for, and recieved permission to post his pic. His name is Jimmy and he is a fantastic guy! Super honest, carefully detailing the truck with exquisite care! He even led me out to a nearby fuel depot (aka, gas station, LOL) before sending DW and I on down the highway!

A great guy, and a great way for me to start my experience with MV's!!!

May all MV owners be 1/2 as nice, courteous and respectful as Jimmy...and we will have no worries!

Thanks Jimmy!

Joe

BTW, we made it the 120 miles home without incident...well, other than TONS OF WAVES...fittingly on Memorial day 2011 eh?

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very nice. Welcome to the deuce world.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the sickness and you can not stop with just one!!![thumbzup]
I tried just one, but I had to have more.

joeinaforest

You guys are great!

I was even fortunate enough to get full blessing from my partner of 19 years, so that's icing on the cake!!!

As a 43 year old...I'm a little humbled to admit that after only a few hours in the Deuce yesterday...everything above the belly fat is sore, LOL....did some slow mo around the yard and here and there...

So, I had no idea, but Duece's are great upper body exerscise! Since I'm one of those annoying bicyclists I now have an upper body "program".....AND its nice to get friendly waves instead of the finger, LOL....but I'm still slowing down traffic. :lol:

And today, she got her 2nd official work assignment...yesterday she hauled 15 2x10x12 boards on the way through town from Lowes...and today, my wife needed some extra space for her chicks and so we put the chicken feed inside (of course this is TEMPORARY....the chicks will be integrated with the chickens in a few weeks). And, wife still smiling, LOL. She asks a little tentative and all sweet, kinda cute.....and after she went with me and followed me home yesterday I'd haul her chicken feed anywhere she wants it!

Truckoholic

my wife needed some extra space for her chicks and so we put the chicken feed inside
Sounds like time to buy a second one allready! ha ha

Congrats on the purchase! I will be buying my first sometime this year as well. Hopefully within the next few months. Looks like you got a nice one there! Thanks for sharing your experience and the pic!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I bought a deuce years ago that had a huge wire cage in the back of it (either for prisoners or to store high value items in). Since I had no use for it I posted it and ended up selling it to a guy that put a big parrot (or some kind or bird) in it.

I don't see anything "fowl" about putting chickens in the bed for a short while.rofl

sellbooze

Welcome to the addiction.
Hi , my name is SELLBOOZE, and I am a MV addict. haha rofl
This site is like AA for Alkies or NA for druggies !
I will be using my deuce to move my chicken coop to our new house that we just bought this weekend !

MacGowan

Welcome to all the fun. I think you will find, as I have, the vast majority of the MV owners on this site are Jimmys.
If I didn't have a 14 year old nephew there'd be nothing funny about that statement, as I'd have no clue what that sentence means in slang... but, seeing as how I do have a 14 year old nephew and my 40 year old body contains a 14 year old brain -> rofl

Congratulations on your new lady!! I got mine a little over a month ago and the romance is still like new ;-)

joeinaforest

Ok, I have to clarify, it was the FEED in the truck...not those poopin chickens, LOL Chickens would not have went over with me...poo=arch enemy aka...RUST...I HATE rust in all its tricky ways...I hunt it down and prevent its theft whenever I can..and I never willing accept rust as a possiblity on anything I remotely care about.

Plus...I'm just nutters enough to think that with almost 7,000,000,000 of us running around, one of these days iron is gonna get spendy when we quit finding it laying about easy to pick up with all our cheap liquid gold (er, "oil"). And rusted iron is gone forever....changed, never to be used by mankind again.

Wow...that sounded a little "ranty" eh? I guess you guys know I hate rust, LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks