• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first MV

Shackelford R

I bought a M1009 on wed afternoon got it from David Steward of Northside trucks & Equipment Inc. in Orlando FL Great guy to deal with The truck is an 86 in 3 color woodland. It drives nice drove it back from Orlando to North Port Thurs morn then changed for PT and drove it to Port Charlotte fl then Home Never a Problem always started didn't over heat. I did lose dash lights and wipers when I took it to my brothers for the nite before I drove home will fix in am. Am servicing it tomorrow morning.

jw4x4

Congrats on the initiation to OD crew. Enjoy the ride and the pride of ownership. If you get the opportunity, attend a rally or 2 or 10.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on M1009! Check fuses. 2cents
God bless,
Tony
Make that check for loose and dirty fuses.

With a new truck it is a good idea to remove the fuses, clean the fusebox with electrical contact cleaner and replace the fuses with new quality fuses. Check for looseness when doing this.

Disconnect your batteries before doing this.

And check/clean the ground wire just above the parking brake pedal.

Last edited:

Vhyle

Make that check for loose and dirty fuses.

With a new truck it is a good idea to remove the fuses, clean the fusebox with electrical contact cleaner and replace the fuses with new quality fuses. Check for looseness when doing this.

Disconnect your batteries before doing this.

And check/clean the ground wire just above the parking brake pedal.
+1.

There are also a few mods which have been basically deemed as necessary, by the general population of SS. Do your research and learn everything you can about your truck. Download the TMs also - they are essential! Between those and this place, you will learn everything you ever want to know about your truck. I've owned my M1009 for a month now and I've learned an incredible amount of info in that short time. And I learn something new every day.

Shackelford R

Warthog im allready ahead of you did fuse block after 1700 today thanks for telling me about the ground by the parking pedal.

Vhyle a week ago I downloaded the tms and made a backup disc with all of them on it.

Ive been reading using search a lot just learned about the wiper motor tonight.Also I will purches the relay from napa so I can do the doghead mod tomarrow.

And yes I know THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITH OUT PICS so as soon as I can barrow my dads camra or buy one ill post pics

Thanks guys

caliber1

There will be several M1009s at the rally Shackelford. There are usually 3 or 4 anyways.Lots of knowledge in that clan as well. Congrats on the purchase.

Shackelford R

Flyingvan911 yea I want a 5 ton and a 10 ton and trailers.

Caliber1 thanks I cant wait for the rally still have lots of maintnance work to do but it will get done

forest522

Great rig sir! Welcome to the group...take your time and enjoy the ride! Love the pics by the way. Looks like you are in need of a replacement printed circuit. I am unsure if that can just be cleaned or not. Let us know how that turns out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks