• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first MV!

mbehne

Brought her home on Sunday! No more did I get in the driveway and my 5 year old daughter was begging for a ride which she got. I hope the fever comes on slowly but I'm thinking that's not going to happen, spent most of last night making a list of to-do's and parts needed...lol. Mike

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet! Nice looking truck! yes, there are always tons of little things and upgrades you can do to them. Then when you think you are done, you buy another. Then a jeep. Or an M37. A trailer or two, maybe a generator. Oh, and a tent to go to rallys in, etc. It can get out of hand quick!!!

waayfast

Yes, nice truck and welcome to the site from Salmon River Country!

And yes, Ferro's statement is a thinly veiled warning and it rings true -----------------there WILL be more, LOTS more.

Come with us to the OD side-------------!!!

Jim

mbehne

Thanks guys! I know I'm excited. I'm not sure if you can tell from the pics or not but I'm missing the blackout light for the front. From the info I've found this is supposed to mount on the drivers side only. Mine has the same hole on the passengers side also, any idea what was supposed to mount in it or shouldn't it be there. A friend of mine worked on these back in the 80's and said he wasn't sure but thought it shouldn't be there. Thanks again,Mike

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks guys! I know I'm excited. I'm not sure if you can tell from the pics or not but I'm missing the blackout light for the front. From the info I've found this is supposed to mount on the drivers side only. Mine has the same hole on the passengers side also, any idea what was supposed to mount in it or shouldn't it be there. A friend of mine worked on these back in the 80's and said he wasn't sure but thought it shouldn't be there. Thanks again,Mike
Electric horn. Older trucks had an electric horn, later models were an air horn. Your truck probably has an air horn upgrade but they never replaced the headlight panel.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on your first MV. Nice truck, make a list and start with the small stuff because it gets worse. Just look at everyone's list of the big stuff.
Welcome and have fun, keep the kids engaged.
JC

mbehne

Sweet, never thought of the horn being mounted in that hole! This truck has had an air horn installed so I think a nice piece of screen/mesh should camo the hole up nicely. Thanks!!!

mbehne

Well, went for the first longer ride. Took the girls to the circus for the night, 45 miles round trip and the truck ran flawlessly. After the ride home, on the cool down, I checked the hubs for temperature out of habit from all the miles on the interstate and noticed the rear axles hubs were noticeably hotter than the front drive axle. The steer axle and front drive were barely warm, but the rear was warm, probably around 130-140. Nowhere near hot enough not to be able to hold Your hand on it, but warmer. Anybody ever pay attention to temp after a 20-25 mile trip?

Anyway, we had a great time on the ride and at the circus! Have a great evening.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks