• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first MV

biscuitwhistler37

Soooo this whole time I thought I had a Hercules with a c turbo....... Wrong! It's a D turbo, and the engine tag says mfd in 2 of 92!! The more you know.....
20240208_175443_(1).jpg

I especially love the advertised HP of 4, seems accurate 😆. Onward and upward!!!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Soooo this whole time I thought I had a Hercules with a c turbo....... Wrong! It's a D turbo, and the engine tag says mfd in 2 of 92!! The more you know.....View attachment 916335

I especially love the advertised HP of 4, seems accurate 😆. Onward and upward!!!
Maybe 134hp? C turbo has a super strong whistle, D is quieter and actually produces a VERY small amount of HP more than C......idk about mfg date.....military does weird stuff.

biscuitwhistler37

Maybe 134hp? C turbo has a super strong whistle, D is quieter and actually produces a VERY small amount of HP more than C......idk about mfg date.....military does weird stuff.
I think its actually 164, either way guessing the original puked and in went this one. It's strange, this turbo whistles pretty loud, which is why I thought it was the C originally, but I looked at it today while I was under the truck and there it was, stamped on the bottom of the unit, Schweitzer D. I take it as a win, if the D is this loud, I don't want a C 🙃

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was gonna say... if you have a "C" turbo, there will be absolutely NO DOUBT in your mind... be cause your mind quits working after about 30 minutes of driving it! 😅😆😁

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you need to get the Deuce dyno-tested to sort out the 4hp - 134hp - 167hp mystery! ;-)
There is a chance it makes a full 80hp at the wheels!

It is a good surprise to find out that they dropped a late production multi into the truck. Have you checked the transmission, too? Maybe it was a whole driveline transplant!