• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first recovery/MV!!!

jluv1185

Well i finally did it! Last week i noticed a few deuces for auction at the BR GSA lot. I told Lilbob about it and he was kind enough to go check them out for me. He picked a good one out for me, so i went into work late on wednesday to check it out for myself. I fell in love with it. The auction closed at 5:31pm on friday and guess what...I WON! Well Tim and i worked out over the weekend that he and i could go over there in his deuce this friday and tow it home. Me being 25 and having no patience couldnt wait, plus i really didnt want Tim to drive all the way from ponchatoula just for me. I told Lilbob that i was going down there today at 7:30am, and if i could get her started, and get her brakes up i was gonna drive her home TODAY! He said he was in. (he works 4 or 5 miles away from the lot) I also recruited my dad for good measure, and to drive my pickup home. So this morning it was on! I was there as planned before they opened just waiting for the gates to open. When everyone arrived i went in, gave them my paperwork, signed their book, and off to the truck we all went! We checked all the fluids, and was about to jump her off with the batteries that lilbob loaned me, when the GSA lot guys offered to jump it with their get up that was way bigger than ours. So i climbed up in the cab, and they plugged her in. I flipped the main on, the buzzer sounded, and i pushed the lil red button...AND WE HAVE IGNITION! She didnt even turn over twice before she started! All i had to do on the lot was put 15lbs of air in the right front tire! All the gauges were working great! Everything was perfect! We took her up to the front i signed the paperwork, called the insurance company got her legal in about 5 minutes and was ready to roll. The GSA guy asked me if it would be ok if he took a picture in my truck to show his son...I said take as many as you want! That made me feel awesome! Well after that is was the long 12 mile trip LOL. Which everything went perfect. 55mph all the way not a wiggle or strang noise. With Lilbob shooting pics the whole way. I just want to thank you all for your support especially Lilbob (Robert) and Tim. You guys are great!

Attachments

Last edited:

stumps

Congratulations on your new truck, and your new addiction! Looks like a nice one.

I like the trucks that were named, or marked with icons. I kind of feel that they were the trucks that were special to someone earlier on in their life.

-Chuck

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Tim & Littlebob are good people-

Congrats on your deuce-I'd like to see a closer shot of the door logo-it looks similar to a logo I saw years ago at a rally.

You've got 4 months to get it prepped for the Ga. Rally-Tim can ride shotgun with you :D

Congrats on your new deuce!

zout

That last pic with the huge Chesire Cat smile was choice - great looking unit and pics are great of headed down the road.

See it at the Ga Rally.:jumpin:[thumbzup]

stumps

Nice score, is that a home made container on the back?
Somewhere in the deep history of the M35's and M109's, there were some units that had M35's, and wished they had M109's. There is quite a variety of homemade shelters stuck in the beds of M35's. Dr. Greg calls them KMart 109's. I think it is appropriate.

My M35A2 has extended risers, and normal bows, and a corrugated sheet metal roof screwed to the risers and bows. It is a bit over 6 feet inside. To close the box, there is a sheet of plywood in the front, and a sheet of plywood with a door in the back.... KMart 109.

I suspect that the KMart 109 was an invention of the National Guard units.

-Chuck

KsM715

Congrats, now prepare to look for a trailer, genset, and anything else painted with carc that feel you just have to have now.

Nice insulation job. What kind of maps? Are they military?

jluv1185

Congrats, now prepare to look for a trailer, genset, and anything else painted with carc that feel you just have to have now.

Nice insulation job. What kind of maps? Are they military?
yeah they are, clear plastic sheets with the roads and buildings outlined in black.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks