• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first truck

schnackj

I saw on mine it had an old convoy chalk listed on the side that started with OR, that was why I assumed it was used by the Oregon guard. That is what we would put on out trucks when they would go on a long convoy.

motojoe

Good luck with the new ride. I just picked up my first one a couple weeks ago, started with a jump at Ft. Lewis and drove 300 miles South into Oregon without shutting off the engine. Going good till the stitching separated where the top joins the top of windshield about 10 miles from the base. Long cold rainy drive home, but I love the truck. 1986M925 A1.
Many other member in this area ?

schnackj

post pictures of the dash plates. please.
There is no picture of the data plate, says the vin is VIN:88K2401040-11125
what all is different in this last group of trucks, I've seen dual cicuit breaks and a spring seat looking around, is there any other big changes?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your unit number is 88K240 and the VIN is 104011125

It is a 1988 Air Force truck (Carnac only has info on Army trucks) with the Dual circuit brakes.

Do not use the Unit number as part of the VIN when appling for your SF-97.

The diffence in the last batch of trucks is that they where usually for the Air Force. No major changes except for the brakes. Also there is no tool rack on the bed.

Also you need to add your state to yor user profile. It is a site requirement.

pelroy

I cant figure out how to save the picture off the GL site sorry. But it is not that great of a picture of the dash plate any way. What I can make out is that the Stock number is 2320-00-926-0873 and contract number DAAE07-85-C-J047 and thats it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks