• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Friends Say I'm Crazy --- What Do You Think

SasquatchSanta

Hello Gang,

I've made the decisioin to sell both of my military trucks. They are not ready to go on the market yet therefore I'm not trying to sneak in a classified ad. Instead I need your opinion.

Perhaps I should add that the reason I've decided to sell both trucks is because people change --- I've changed and I'm moving on to other projects. I originally built both of these vehicles to keep for life as daily drivers. Needless to say, I've got a fortune in each of these vehicles. They are premium vehicles and I need (want) to sell them for premium prices.

As some of you may or may not remember, a couple of years ago my buddy Frank (Soldier Nr 2) and I spent about a month completly going through my M37 (The Pumpkin). A year before that we spent another month dropping an LDS motor and all sorts of other refinements into my M35 (Rosie).

There "was" some typical rust on the M37 that I've elected to fix before putting it on the market. When I say "fix" I'm not talking about filling it with bondo. Even though It's going on the block I've elected to do all the repairs by replacing sheet metal. There is no rust in/on the cargo bed area but there was some on the cab. See attached pictures. I' also going to re-paint the truck.

My neighbors are telling me I'm crazy for putting this kind of detail into a truck that I'm selling. I figure it only costs a nickle more to go first class therefore I'm doing it right.

What do you think??? Am I nuts?

I'm selling what will be a www.M37DodgePowerWagon.com website (coming soon) with the truck that will present a complete documented history complete with pictures. The www.M35MonsterTruck.com website will be likewise updated and sold with Rosie.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am impressed, awesome job. I'm drooling to find out the asking price.....? There is only so much bread in my loaf but I still can dream.

M-37Bruce

Moving On!

I am surprised, I have toyed w/ the idea myself, wife said no way! (keeps me busy/occupied) Where ever they end up, who ever ends up w/either one will be a Happy Camper!
Good Luck,

nattieleather

Not to pry but are you getting out of MVs all together or looking to get something more modern like a CUCV or HMMWV and that's why your selling?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nope, not nuts. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. The people that will pay the premium for your trucks will know how much better your truck is when you can show pics of work done. Sorry to see getting out of the hobby, but wish you well in your future with whatever you go with.

AN/GRC-46

You're only nuts if you keep it after it no longer suits your needs. Don't feel bad about doing work to it even though you're selling. I did the same and wouldn't have felt good about selling problems to someone. :cry:

RealCavDog

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you ever find the time to do it over ! Combine that with some lame old line about a job being well done being it's own reward, and you will have a flashback memory of what we used to be and stand for !

Great looking job ! And great pictures ! :drool:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SasquatchSanta:

Your presence in these forums has added much to the character and value of this website and the brotherhood/family here.

In a very selfish sense, it is sad to hear that you have decided to liquidate your current toys and move on. Your enthusiasm for MV's ranks you as a "Hobbyist Extraordinaire". May you be blessed in all of your future endeavors.

I am reminded of a song that seems befitting this news.....
(Listen particularly to the last verse)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wik2uc69WbU[/media]

Vaya con Dios!

Jtspendy

Its a statement of character to fix a problem instead of covering it up, **** if all the politicians for the past 30 years fixed the issues instead of kicking them down the Road our Country would still be the top of the pile instead of teatering on the edge of the cliff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks