• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Fuel Issues

welldigger

Did it slide out easily? What matters with removing the HH is lining the red tooth up with the pointer cast into the housing. Putting the engine to tdc on #1 has nothing to do with removing the HH.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
it does not come out at TDC. it only comes out when the red tooth is lined up with the pointer. same going back it. it is not a timing mark, but a removal mark. you need to go read how it goes. not trying to be 'mean', but this is something you need to read and understand before doing it. there are probably hundreds of threads here now about how to do it right and the consequences of doing it wrong. if the drive gear was already like it is in the picture, someone before you did it wrong as well, so setting the timing now will be a challenge.

Joeinderry

update

deucehh 001.jpgdeucehh 004.jpgdeucehh 002.jpgdeucehh 007.jpgdeucehh 011.jpg
So I pulled my extra Hydraulic Head out of the parts truck. Pic#4 -When I lined up the red mark with the pointer (the red mark was actually right before the pointer not dead on) it slid right out. Pic#5 - I took a picture of the little gear in the IP the little spacer thing on top was perfectly even from the left and right side (bad angle pic). Pic# 2 and # - I also took a pic of where the crank pulley was situated when everything lined up. You can see that the timing mark on the block is approximately 1 3/4" away from the first timing mark (in white). Both trucks marks lined up the same.
Anyway I installed the hydraulic head and it started right up. Runs great, at least around the yard for now until the bob job is finished. I want to thank you guys for helping. I thought it was a scary task at first but now that I've done it, I would do it again.