• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my gsa win

jbk

my recent gsa win

this is my most recent. a reset with 2.2 hrs. still on it. sat for 6 years. didnt get the cover. wasnt cheap though. batteries were bad slaved it off another cranked right up purrred.
everything works not used to that, sweet.

Attachments

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations, it looks like a good clean unit! If you haven't done so yet, I would highly recommend draining the fuel tank and cleaning it if needed and also cleaning the fuel filters. I would also change the oil and oil filter. Read the TMs, they are very good for this genset. One important thing not in the TM for the MEP-003A is the warning not to idle the engine. The genset engine should only be run at normal operating RPM for 60 hz. If the engine is idled, it will destroy the voltage regulator. When shutting it down, shut it down at full RPM and start it up the same way. These are great generators and work great for backing up power for your house.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice! [thumbzup]

Most interesting thing I have found so far in a newly acquired generator - a 9/16" open-end wrench in my MEP-002A fuel tank. :cookoo:

Cheers

RetiredNavy

GSA had a unit that clean? Dont believe I have seen a control panel that was almost new. What did you pay for it, if you dont mind me asking? Great score.

jbk

$2,100.00, more than i usally pay for these but no 10% fee and no wait picked it up the next day,close to me and 2.2 hours. i talked to the guy (steve) he told me their were 9 of these, they were all resets that were never used and these were the last 2. the others had been claimed by other federal agencies. i wasnt looking for a project this time as i might need to use it this hurricane season. ive bought 3 gens. from gsa and most the time they were of the rougher varity so it was a pleasure to get one that just needs batts. and a cover. the other trailer mounted 003 went for $2.050.00 i think.

Last edited:

Isaac-1

That is not bad given some of the prices these go far, a 200 hour MEP-003AAS (with ASK kit, no trailer) went for $2,600 on GL at Ft. Polk today, and some plain fresh rebuild MEP-002a went or $1,200.

Ike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks