• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Hand brake lock

Bill W

Don't know if anyone has done or posted this setup before but..
During the last show I was at I watched my truck suddenly roll back about a foot and I realized two things, one was I need to start chocking my wheels and two was that one of the kids I let up in the cab had released my handbrake, so I made this up to keep the later from happening again.

Attachments

Last edited:

rlwm211

One answer to the truck rolling when it is parked.....

WHEEL CHOCKS!

I carry two always.

The idea for a lock on the e brake is good, but I like the visual reassurance of seeing the chocks in place when I am standing outside my truck.

Last edited:

Bill W

Thanks for the compliment guys
I'm a big fan of the KISS principle.

Scrapdaddy
Everything but the chain is from stuff I had laying around my shop ( 1 1/4" emt conduit, old camphered washer from shock bushing, cut off piece of alt bracket from my tractor mod and some foam toolbox liner )

Last edited:

gunboy1656

My old unit had square tube That was long enough to keep the brake handle from being released. You had to pull up on it to clear enough to release.

That is a different idea though.

KsM715

I like both those ideas. Ive got some square tubing in the garage.

I always carry chocks with me. And use them anywhere there is any slight incline, the parking brake on my deuce (bobbed) held fine, but I never trusted it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks