• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Homemade Steering Wheel Puller

harleyboy1

I have found that it's not easy to find a surplus (correct) steering wheel puller. For some reason flea-bay is listing pullers @ $100.00 or more. So after finding a nice used wheel for $30.00 the owner has no means of removing it without damaging it. After reading our site I took some of you guys ingenious ideas and this is what I came up with.

puller 002.jpgpuller 003.jpgpuller 004.jpgpuller 005.jpgpuller 006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

3dAngus

I'm so jealous of you talented guys who can weld.
I was hoping someone would post pics of a homemade steering wheel puller, because I am probably eventually going to have to make my own for a M-37, where I hope to buy a new steering wheel and replace it.
Thanks for posting. Nice work!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dell, I sold my last one to Poppop at the GA Rally. I'm reasonably certain he would share if you asked.

harleyboy1

No pics of the steering wheel off. Did it work?
Yes, it worked to easy. I did what you guys said, take steering wheel nut off and spray spline area with BP Blaster for a couple days. I found a used wheel, but the guy can't get it off without damaging the wheel so I'm going to send him this set up for removal.

harleyboy1

I'm so jealous of you talented guys who can weld.
I was hoping someone would post pics of a homemade steering wheel puller, because I am probably eventually going to have to make my own for a M-37, where I hope to buy a new steering wheel and replace it.
Thanks for posting. Nice work!
I'll be more than happy to send you this set up when you need it. Art Butler 386-867-0952

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks