• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My homemade trailer based on M105A2 bed -- COMMENTS WELCOME

mangus580

RE: pictures

Nice looking setup!

I like the idea of the feedback LED's for the lights. Lets you know that your trailer connection is good!

ichudov

Re: RE: pictures

mangus580 said:
Nice looking setup!

I like the idea of the feedback LED's for the lights. Lets you know that your trailer connection is good!
Thanks! That's my hope anyway! If I do not see the LEDs, I know that the trailer fell off ;-)

I am going to put the electricals on, and then I will go to have it weighed...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: pictures

I think its great too. Next time use channel and it will last longer. I have seen too many trailers built with tube that rust from the inside out.

ichudov

Re: RE: Re: RE: pictures

gimpyrobb said:
I think its great too. Next time use channel and it will last longer. I have seen too many trailers built with tube that rust from the inside out.
I am sure that you are right, though I wonder what exactly accounts for this rusting. Could you, perhaps, tell me just why tube rusts faster than channel.

Blythewoodjoe

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: pictures

My dad somehow came across a M105 trailer back in the early 80's with the front landing gear ripped off. About ten years ago I pulled the bed from the frame and put an old mobile home axle under it with 3" channel for a frame. It's sitting in the back yard full of scrap steel right now. It looks as crusty as it sounds.

Joe Trapp

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: pictures

Nice job,I did the same thing though not quite so nicely. It has been around for 15years now and is still used all the time. It is best way i have to move a 24' staging pic(extending over both front and back, and on top of back door) Just posted some pics in trailer fourm-Silly M105 loads. To give an idea how tough the bed is I once dropped a 5000lb rock (scaled) from 5-6 feet above[bed].That bent the mobile home tube a tad but left ony a silver dollar size dent in floor.I loaned it out once.My pal was putting scrap cars in it(upside down) .JimK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks