• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My item is in a secret location! NOT HAPPY

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have now in the last two weeks sent the communications that were had previously with JWADE to a new "customer service" Rep. Was told it would be going through their system. Still waiting. 5 almost 6 months.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somehow i am reminded of the closing scene of the first INDIANNA JONES movie where the ARK OF THE COVENANT is crated, marked with a series of numbers and then without ceremony or apparent notice is stored in a huge warehouse full of other random yet similar crates marked with seemingly meaningless numbers, obscured from public view and easily rendered "lost" somewhere in the goobermint's inventory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRP0MBNoieY

And now some classic music to "Conspiracy Theorize to....."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzLZJaAm2hw

Carry on, TOP PEOPLE..... CARRY ON !

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Im still looking I wish I was in a position to help... PM me so I can remember the details and I will try and make a call.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I promised I would update when the issue was settled. I received a check this week covering the additional costs associated with the recovery at a different location. So GP made good. It took some doing but got done.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good job for keeping on them! I have been working with Gov Liquidation on a sales tax problem for 6 months. If you are persistant normally you will succeed but don't expect any immediate results on these type of issues.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it's still a secret!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I promised I would update when the issue was settled. I received a check this week covering the additional costs associated with the recovery at a different location. So GP made good. It took some doing but got done.
Answer is 2 posts up. Recovery and doghead.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We were referring to the OP

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update:

I was told that the location is not disclosed until the item is paid for, the EUC (if required) has been approved, and any other paperwork is completed; this due to people supposedly showing up at the pickup location with false paperwork and stealing the items. I personally find that one hard to believe, I think very few people would be willing to commit felony stolen vehicle crimes especially with ex-federal government property involved... I would like to see a report which denotes every instance of that happening in the last three years, and the status (recovered, missing, perpetators charged, perpetrators convicted).

This explanation still does not explain why I was told three different locations, as well as it does not help the client/buyer arrange shipping, if using a third-party company.

I was finally directed to a site which appeared to be someone's personal property (behind a house), given a few weeks to arrange shipping (or in my case, obtain permission for vacation days from work), and was almost immediately warned via email that I had a very short time to remove said item or storage charges and/or forfeiture of item (resulting in penalty fees) would occur; and I could only pick it up by appointment, and only on a Tuesday.

I picked it up from an unincorporated place near Tracy, CA in the last week of December; the representative and his son who met me at the yard were great people.

Also, just last week, I was sent another email stating that "the government has changed the DEMIL status of the item and you must submit an EUC application"!

After a useless phone call to a rep who was clueless, and two emails,that finally got cleared up.

Last edited:

Wire Fox

Thinking about this further, I had a vaguely similar issue with my item. It wasn't "secret" by any means, but the physical location of my item seemed to be changing. I placed my bid on it with it being in Crane NSWC, won the item with it being somewhere in Indianapolis, and was authorized to pick it up near the Indianapolis airport. This all worked much more in my favor, as it was a 15 mile recovery instead of a 75 mile recovery, plus the lot rep told me that the vehicle hadn't moved since the auction photos were taken on his lot, but the electronic info for the location kept getting edited and he had to correct it multiple times.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.....I was finally directed to a site which appeared to be someone's personal property (behind a house), given a few weeks to arrange shipping (or in my case, obtain permission for vacation days from work), and was almost immediately warned via email that I had a very short time to remove said item or storage charges and/or forfeiture of item (resulting in penalty fees) would occur; and I could only pick it up by appointment, and only on a Tuesday. I picked it up from an unincorporated place near Tracy, CA in the last week of December; the representative and his son who met me at the yard were great people.
Thanks for the follow up post, I'm glad to hear you were able to collect your purchase. I appears that we hobbyists may have to start thinking of this type of situation as the new normal, requiring a new skill set built through experiment, outcomes and communications.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks