• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My latest M105

reloader64

Picked up a 1989 M105A2 from Hooks on Friday, 8-17. That was my scheduled day off from work, which was good, but the only schedule pickups until noon on Fridays, which is not good, because it's a 6 hour drive from suburban Austin. So I borrowed my dad's 1 ton Chevy, and the wife and I left the domicile about 0440 hours, which is early even by my standards. To avoid rush hour traffic in Dallas, we cut across country. We stopped in Ennis for breakfast, where I had one of the best breakfast tacos I've ever eaten. Turns out it was made with Polish sausage, which was packed in Italy, Texas, a small town right off I35E, just south of Dallas. Proceeded to Hooks, arriving at the GL lot right at 11:30, right on time. Miranda and associates had us heading back to the gate, trailer in tow, in about 20 minutes. Stopped in New Boston for lunch, about 5 miles up the road, and took the opportunity to check the temperature of the hubs. Everything felt good and looked good, so we headed for the house. We did stop in Italy, and bought some of that Polish sausage. Got home about 9:30. A long, but productive, day.

Scott

Pic 1-Early!
2-4 trailer
5-At the convenience store/sausage place

Attachments

Barrman

Glad you had a good recovery Scott. You are going to make a special trip and bring some of that sausage to Temple next May, right?

reloader64

A grand idea! I need to find them on the web, to see if they will ship. I missed the Temple air show last year, as I was in Chicago for training. And I do mean I missed it! I'm already excited about next year's show.

Scott

jasonjc

I was there the week befor and got a tan M105 too.:D But mine has peeling paint:( But the rest of it looks good. Glade too here all went well. Yours looks real nice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks