• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My latest project (M1008 350CI Swap)

mp427yenko

I have looked through many of the threads and this one looks to have the most info. I also am doing a swap and have run into some issues. Here is the back story. I bought a m1008 from a guy in the desert in so cal for $1500. One of the best trucks gm ever made. I'm up on all its features especially the running gear. When I bought it I knew the engine was blown. That didnt matter since I have a crate gm 350 with a mild cam and headers sitting in the garage. We, me and the step dad, pulled the diesel and put in the 350. All went well, and I feel you on the header issue. But i'm stuck at the power steering pump and some on the wiring. My main question is the pump. The brake booster has 3 hoses, all the parts are there but the pump wont fit on the 350, no suprise. What did you do to make it fit. I have both the stock 350 pump and 6.2 diesel pump in the garage will all the bolts and brackets. I will have to get some pics up here and I hope to have it running this week. Thanks for the help......Oh yeah, my first post on this forum, tons of great info and I LOVE my truck, im a Chevy man at heart, and i know the diesel, gas engine debate....the 350 was the easy and cheap choice

mp427yenko

Cool, thanks. I will have to work on my fab'ing skills. I was also thinking of plugging up and removing the line that comes from the brake booster and using the regular pwr steering pump. I am not sure if this would cause any issues. Any thoughts?

CCATLETT1984

nope, they never put hydroboost on a small block, you have to fab the bracket. I'll get a picture of it a post it in the next few days. Right now I 'm prepping for the adventure to go pick up my deuce.

mp427yenko

awesome thanks. im not looking to remove the braking system, obvious superiority reasons. i was also thinking of taking the brakets and the puillies from the stock 350 power steering unit and trying to fit them on to the stock diesel one. i cant wait to get this beast rolling!

86m1028

CCATLETT1984 said:
nope, they never put hydroboost on a small block, you have to fab the bracket. I'll get a picture of it a post it in the next few days. Right now I 'm prepping for the adventure to go pick up my deuce.
I have a 91 v3500 that has a 350 with hydroboost, FACTORY.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CCATLETT1984 said:
Wrong! I have had 3 Chevy K30's with smallblocks and hydraboost.

1stDeuce

I'd bet most, if not all 3/4 and 1-ton chevy vans are hydroboost as well. I believe they are ALL hydroboost right now.
Parts are out there, just find an old junkyard with trucks.
C

superburban

CCATLETT1984 said:
I was going to jump all over you on this statement, but it looks like there were plenty others who beat me to it! I have seen a zillion SBCs with Hydroboosts in the local junkyards.

Just head over to any Pick-N-Pull, and you can get your bracket for less than 25$!

Hoot_223

CCATLETT1984 said:
i was about to correct you also

Tawman22

Yes they sure did my friends papaws 1985 c30 came factory 350 and hydroboost break system

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks